If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
I am calling flohoops customer support to see about per game pricing.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I am calling flohoops customer support to see about per game pricing.
Emailing*
By Jonathan Carone
They've been quick to point out it's a monthly subscription on Twitter. There won't be a per game option.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Where are the students? Cant find a few hundred die hards that will stick around to support a team that just beat WF? Sorry!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I can’t see the game but I take it no Jerry Jokers? Can’t say I’m not surprised. Students at Duke, UNC, etc find time to support their team. Bunch of jokes
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I didn't expect a large crowd or anything but I am pretty schcked at how bad the attendance really is.
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote:I can’t see the game but I take it no Jerry Jokers? Can’t say I’m not surprised. Students at Duke, UNC, etc find time to support their team. Bunch of jokes
I'm gonna go entirely old hag status here: we would've had so much fun with a game like this. You could've played it up by even doing a beach/paradise vibe. Make it an event.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are not shooting too well but it's still close. Halftime adjustments will be key. Need to do better on the glass.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Kemrite is really struggling. He is now 0-4. Really need him to step up. 43-41 with 11:12 remaining.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Not looking good. Deficit now 10 again for the second time in the 2nd half. 51-41.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Kemrite is really struggling. He is now 0-4. Really need him to step up. 43-41 with 11:12 remaining.
0-5
By R i
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
R i wrote:Kemrite is really struggling. He is now 0-4. Really need him to step up. 43-41 with 11:12 remaining.
0-5
0-7
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Kemrite is absolutely killing us. Cant guard anything or anyone and has missed atleast 7 or 8 3s. James williams pacheco ortiz and cabbil are the clear top 4 players. We need homesley back.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I thought Cider promised a big crowd
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Typical liberty. Hype up and spend big to host then lay the proverbial egg. This is exactly why attendance sucks and will continue to do so. Its amazing how every time the program is in a momentum building spot we lay an egg.

Mercer absolutely dominated us in the second half.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Kemrite is absolutely killing us. Cant guard anything or anyone and has missed atleast 7 or 8 3s. James williams pacheco ortiz and cabbil are the clear top 4 players. We need homesley back.
This. If he's not on then he's pretty much worthless.

Definitely need to get Homesley back into the swing of things. Georgie is off to a slow start.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I don’t watch a lot of local TV and listen to only 2 local radio shows. But was this advertised anywhere? Not being on TV is brutal. Would like to know the thinking behind this. How much control did LU have? How much control did the Paradise Jam folks have? With ‘proceeds going to charity’ you d hope there was a lot done to get the word out
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I hate that we have absolutely have no home court advantage. No support from the Leadership, students, alumni and the locals. So sad.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Perspective my friends. Yes, we beat an ACC team on the road but, basketball is a LONG season and Mercer is a good team. McKay has us in the right direction and right on schedule with the talent and "expectations" of where we want to go. Enjoy the season fellas, it is going to be a good one!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its also called a lack of understanding. Many people continue to ask why attendance is poor. See performance today. Literally every time over the past 15 years that were in a big momentum building spot we lay the egg. Then people dont come back. Not that hard to figure out. Nobody said anything about the wrong or right direction. Only mistake mckay made was playing kemrite too much.

We had opportunity to match up with houston on our home floor in a prime time game on a saturday night. Poof. Gone.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Ortiz was 1-7 with a few turnovers Jinxy. Not sure how you pile on Kemrite and then mention ortiz being a top player after this one game.

It was a bad game for our team. Easy spot to have a let down after huge win on the road. Was Kemrite's phsyche messed up because the coach he signed with was on the other bench. Was it an off day because it started at noon ? Either way, this team is very good, and we will make noise in the Big South.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I wonder what attendance is going to be like in non LU games
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]