If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We fall to the Coogs, 68-66. Georgie played better but still isn't creating opportunities like he did last season.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Problem is we dont have any good rebounders outside james and we dont seem to care to recruit any. Better hope newton helps because there isnt much in next years class either.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I think our basketball fans on this forum are in need of a "chill" pill.

Perspective my brothers. Last year we lost 77-54 to the same team. This year we lose on a pretty much buzzer beater and should've won. Ritchie has done a GREAT job in preparing us for big games and recruiting big time players for our system.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I think our basketball fans on this forum are in need of a "chill" pill.

Perspective my brothers. Last year we lost 77-54 to the same team. This year we lose on a pretty much buzzer beater and should've won. Ritchie has done a GREAT job in preparing us for big games and recruiting big time players for our system.
According to you we live in a unicorn universe, so there’s that.

But actually I agree that two losses aren’t anything to freak out about. Expectations are to compete in the Big South, and quite frankly that’s what really matters at this junction.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
These were 2 games we were not supposed to win, and surprise, surprise, we didn't. :shock:
Houston is #65 in the KenPom and Mercer is 85. We were 145 following the win over Wake and are now 168.

Houston blew us out last year and are expected to be better this year. Take a lesson from the football win over Baylor and rethink your expectations guys. This team will have some more big wins before this season is over, and they may also lose a couple they shouldn't. These last 2 were not those games.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I think our expectations are and should be continued improvement, hustle, energy, and attitude. All the things football is not.

We are there. These past two games were both winnable. We didn't win but i liked how we bounced back from an awful game 1 and made a much better effort in game 2. I also think James' rebounding effort can be contagious. I think we get better in that category as the season goes on. Williams and Bell could both be great rebounders if they wanted to be. Bell is actually bigger and stronger than Charles Barkley was in college. It is about desire and positioning.
I wish we would have won these games but i still have high hopes for continued progress this season.
Last edited by ALAFlamesFan on November 19th, 2017, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU plays Quinnipiac at 12:00 noon today; in finals tonight will be Mercer and Colorado.

https://www.2017paradisejam.com/brackets-1
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Which will have 17 people watching outside of Family and friends.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that historically this tourney as well as similar ones in Hawaii and other exotic locales has not drawn much of a crowd. They don't get many locals to come and not that many fans can spring for the cost of a trip like that to see some games that don't mean a lot. There is not the same incetive to go as you have for an NCAA tournament or bowl game. I doubt if we would have had the 800-1000 we had at our games if they had been in St Thomas.
Last edited by olldflame on November 19th, 2017, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:They'll win today.
This is in fact one we "should" win. If we do not, I would say it is fair game for the critics to fire away. 8)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Flames win by 12. Go 24-26 from the FT line. This is a great FT shooting team so far this year. Quinnipiac shot very well from the floor. Scottie with 21 and 8.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We won the game we were suppose to and lost the games we were expected. I was hoping for a 2-1 weekend but such is life.

This team is much improved from last year dispite what some said earlier in this thread.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was told today in Vines Center, that Colorado had more fans at Paradise Jam than any team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:I think you were buffaloed...
I see what you did there
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]