If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU wins by 13.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Solid win. We are back to where we were in the 90's. Solid talent that can compete with anyone. Excited to see where we go. Paradise Jam is a winnable tournament for us.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I know Wake might be bad but I’m really impressed with how we matched up athletically especially in the paint. They were significantly taller. Williams and James! Can’t same enough about them. McDowell is going to be special and Cabbil really developed his body and game. Season is going to be really fun!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Beating an ACC opponent was obviously huge but the thing that stuck out to me was how we pretty much controlled the entire game. It was a great early season performance.

This season is going to be fun.
By Jonathan Carone
We said when Ritchie was hired that his style of offense mixed with the pack line could be fun. I think we are about to see that come to fruition. I’m excited to not have a newborn this season and actually be able to keep up with the team.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Signature win early on for us
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Stat of the game....our GUARDS combined for 15 REBOUNDS.
Cabbil 7
Keegan 3
Cuffee 3
Georgie 2
FIFY :shock: Play Basketball
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Got to make the 30-minute drive to Winston-Salem for the game tonight. Glad I went. I like this team. Fine, solid effort all around. Only negative was a few too many turnovers. Moved the ball well, shot well, rebounded well and played defense. Wake has issues, but this still was a big win.

Big 3 by McDowell, I think, in the late stages was a dagger. Really liked this team's poise. Wake made the expected run early in the second half, cutting the lead from something like 12 to 5, but we responded and what crowd there was never really got into it. We're plenty deep, have nice shooters and I thought played a bit bigger than wee are. Really liked the way James played. He works hard. Hustle good from the entire team.

Really nice win. A lot of fun being there. Good seats cheap. We sat behind four students who made the drive from the 'burg. They figured they were good with curfew, especially since it was a win.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Good win for the guys. Not much of a BB fan, but was impressed with the poise we exhibited after WF made their early run in the 2nd half. Good outside shooting in the clutch, etc. You can tell we are fundamentally sound and have court smarts. Any ACC win is a good one, especially on the road.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Weve been waiting and hoping for this and not just a flash in the pan. Very nice win. We seem to have turned the corner to where we expect to win. Not sure weve ever had that since ive been watching since 03.

I really hope we can make some noise this weekend. Would love to see us get at least a couple wins this weekend.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We said when Ritchie was hired that his style of offense mixed with the pack line could be fun. I think we are about to see that come to fruition. I’m excited to not have a newborn this season and actually be able to keep up with the team.
I laugh now when I think about the number of posters on here who were adamant about not bringing Ritchie back when we were looking for a coach.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
This team might be enough to make me want to watch basketball again. I actually watched most of the game last night, and was impressed - especially with the rebounding. I also liked the way, at the end, the team didn't jump around and act like they'd never won a game; they were happy, and excited, but there was an attitude of "what do you mean - we expected to win!"
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Frankly, he was the only one to show any real signs of success in my memory (and that includes He Who Shall Not Be Named). I think that move to UVa as a result of a certain someone's transfer was just what the doctor ordered for him. Working with COach Bennett and learning the pack line and then bringing it along with all the other lessons he learned has really changed the culture around the program I think...Now to get the feet through the door for home games
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
The most encouraging thing to me is that we played good team basketball and won decisively BUT a lot of guys didn't play close to their best games. Tons of room to get even better. This was no fluke!

CH is coming off injury and i expect him to round back into form by the 2nd half of the season. No rush.
Williams is going to be a beast in conference play once he settles in to the system.
Georgie had some uncharacteristic tournovers.
McDowell has tons of upside.
Cuffie will be productive yet this season. He looked like a freshman last night.

I am excited about our chances in this 3 day, 3 game tournament because we have 10 guys that can step up and go off just like Talbert against VCU and James/Kemrite last night. Who will it be Friday? Can't wait to find out!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Frankly, he was the only one to show any real signs of success in my memory (and that includes He Who Shall Not Be Named). I think that move to UVa as a result of a certain someone's transfer was just what the doctor ordered for him. Working with COach Bennett and learning the pack line and then bringing it along with all the other lessons he learned has really changed the culture around the program I think...Now to get the feet through the door for home games
Not sure it is either fair or accurate to say that Ritchie going to UVA was a direct result of Curry transferring. I don't know if even he knows for sure if he would have taken Tony up on his offer if Seth was still a Flame. I don't think there is any question he returned to Liberty a far better coach than when he left.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]