If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Our first game is tomorrow (Friday) with a 7:00 tipoff against D3 Clarks Summit, which will be an exhibition for them.

http://gocsudefenders.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

And, yes, I'm going to risk trying their opening-day nachos. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Our first game is tomorrow (Friday) with a 7:00 tipoff against D3 Clarks Summit, which will be an exhibition for them.

http://gocsudefenders.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

And, yes, I'm going to risk trying their opening-day nachos. :shock:
It’s an exhibition So you should see what needs improvement. Ha
By Old Red
I'll be there too. Really curious to see what what the student turn out is for the first game. There are always a lot who straggle in after the tip off, but I'm hoping for a decent crowd right from the start. The early/on time kids should give us a good gauge on what to expect this year.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Old Red wrote:I'll be there too. Really curious to see what what the student turn out is for the first game. There are always a lot who straggle in after the tip off, but I'm hoping for a decent crowd right from the start. The early/on time kids should give us a good gauge on what to expect this year.
CFAW weekend but the hockey game will draw a bunch of kids as well.

88-40 3,112
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Well this is a D3 I've never heard of. Figured I would have heard of all of them by this point. 6 wins combined in the last 3 seasons, and their conference is generally pretty mediocre. Aside from Cabrini College a few years ago when they had the D3 version of Russell Westbrook, the conference champion is normally one and done or two and done in the NCAA Tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
thepostman wrote:The sport that truly matters starts tomorrow guys.
Women’s Basketball!!!!!
Play Basketball
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Open up with a powerhouse. Have several of them on our schedule this year. Always good to have some games you can win at home, but this year is crazy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Open up with a powerhouse. Have several of them on our schedule this year. Always good to have some games you can win at home, but this year is crazy.
That would have been accurate a few weeks ago. Now we have the Paradise Jam in the Vines and the home schedule looks tougher and better. I do believe there is a justification for playing a couple of non D1 opponents early. Gives the coach an opportunity to experiment a bit without risking a loss.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU up 48-18 at the half. For the longest time, Clarks Summit only had 4 points. Students' side is mostly full, but still not too many townspeople in the red seats.

The Akron transfer looks like the most athletic player on the team. Clarks Summit has a center listed at 6'7" and 279 pounds, which makes Baxter-Bell look tiny (seriously).

I counted at least 30 Jerry's Jokers. McCracken is here, and a girl joined him in his box long enough to get a selfie and then left.

Concessions update--tried the nachos just before halftime: the cheese was barely above room temperature (that's my last LU nachos for the year). They are offering "buy one, get one free" hot dogs for $3.75.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
48-18 at the half.

For some reason Cabell played the entire 20 minutes. :dontgetit

Looks like Caleb will sit this one out. Probably a wise move.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:LU up 48-18 at the half. For the longest time, Clarks Summit only had 4 points. Students' side is mostly full, but still not too many townspeople in the red seats.

The Akron transfer looks like the most athletic player on the team. Clarks Summit has a center listed at 6'7" and 279 pounds, which makes Baxter-Bell look tiny (seriously).

I counted at least 30 Jerry's Jokers. McCracken is here, and a girl joined him in his box long enough to get a selfie and then left.

Concessions update--tried the nachos just before halftime: the cheese was barely above room temperature (that's my last LU nachos for the year). They are offering "buy one, get one free" hot dogs for $3.75.
So about $2 a dog. Not really a ‘special ‘
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Every point we scored in this game was a layup/dunk, 3 pointer of FT. Nary a midrange Jumper. We only took 3 and missed them all.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hard to take much from tonight. We cleaned up the glass and got a ton of stick backs. Just bigger faster stronger. Didnt shoot particulary well from outside but it looks like we wont need to be as dependant on it. My main concern is only really having 3 guards. Hopefully they stay healthy.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:My main concern is only really having 3 guards.
:dontgetit Our roster lists TEN guards or guards/forwards. We only have 3 players listed as true forwards and no centers on the team, if Newton is redshirting.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... N=96604884
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]