If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is it just me, or does this guy look like he's 30 years old? :dontgetit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hear ya, CJ. But he simply looks like a baller to me ...

[youtube]3duQnWwShgQ[/youtube]

Check out #22 in these AAU highlights from the summer:

[youtube]BLLfnXvRG_8[/youtube]
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Is it just me, or does this guy look like he's 30 years old? :dontgetit
Not quite at the Greg Oden level, but yeah. Probably started shaving when he was 10.

He's from Lexington, KY and he plays AAU for Indiana Elite?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Grassroots hoops does create strange travel schedules. It may be three hours from Lexington up to Indy for practices, but in the AAU world that is of little consequence. It is all about getting the right opportunities to play in the right tournaments. For the record, Indiana Elite is an Adidas squad.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe the common thread is guys who can shoot from distance and are long enough to guard the perimeter. Keep in mind that this kid is just a junior in HS. He likely has some growth left in him.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Appears we are stockpiling 6'4' to 6'6" players, a lot of 2s and 3s.
The number of players like that we have "stockpiled" for 2018 and 19 combined sits at zero. 3 offers is nothing. If any of these guys sign, when they arrive, we will have one senior and 3 juniors in that category on the roster, and that is assuming no attrition, which is a pretty big assumption. I suspect one of our 3 current freshmen will be gone by then. Not really a stockpile IMHO.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]