If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Gotta say that comes out of left field and really stings. He is the 2nd AZ player Ritchie has recruited who only hung around one year (Austin Smith). Brock's big sis Macey also left after one year as an assistant volleyball coach to take the same job at AZ St. I will be very surprised if Brock does not end up somewhere close to home. Besides geography/homesickness, I can see where he may also have been less than excited about his role on the floor. I suspect he sees himself as a swing player, and with our roster he was almost certainly going to be a 4 at least this year and likely after that.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Weak schedule, and PackLine scoring lines, also have to be a factor. The packline cannot be fun to play in for really skilled offensive players like Brock.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I thought packline was a defense and not an offense. :dontgetit
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I thought packline was a defense and not an offense. :dontgetit
Huntington called, they want their diploma back. Study

I am joking. I think its a problem TB will face at UVA as well. Top talent will not want to play in a low scoring system.
By Class of 20Something
It's a bittersweet situation to me. I miss the 90's of physical defensive basketball. The NBA is a joke race to 110 now. I'd much rather watch a good defense play, but I'm pretty laid back about basketball. I don't shout at every bucket.

That said. Winning games is more fun. I'd love to watch RM convert some offensive studs into a scoring packline.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:I thought packline was a defense and not an offense. :dontgetit
Huntington called, they want their diploma back. Study

I am joking. I think its a problem TB will face at UVA as well. Top talent will not want to play in a low scoring system.
Don't let him off the hook..... :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So the only player left from the 2016 class is the "after thought" we signed in the Sp;ring and ended up being a starter from day one.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame, who is that? :dontgetit Georgie?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Oldflame, who is that? :dontgetit Georgie?
Yep. He was the only one of the 4 who caught on to the pack line quickly, which resulted in immediate PT, and he took it from there and became our floor leader.

With Brock's departure, we are now right at the limit for 2018, but we in fact do have an available scholarship this year. Too late to grab a grad transfer? Probably.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For the record, only 12 of the 200 or so transfers with immediate eligibility listed on verbalcommits have not found a home yet. The most highly rated is J-Mychal Reese a 6'2" guard from N Texas who was a 4 star out of Bryan HS. Jack Whitman, the big man from W&M who transferred to Kansas and then left after summer school is also available.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Brock is headed to the Master's University in CA, where he will join Hansel Atencia. They were never actually teammates at LU, but I think they got to know each other during Brock's recruiting and kept in touch through social media. Much closer to home, and he will certainly have every opportunity to put up big numbers there. Small pond.

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At least he's transferring to a Christian college. Looks like they are an NCCAA member, like Tenn. Temple used to be. :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Master's has a solid sports program. Bit of a party school
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Master's is an NAIA school, but not a party school. It's a great place to get your education.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Master's is an NAIA school, but not a party school. It's a great place to get your education.
It was a party school back in my day. Thankfully Al Gote was still working on. Holding the internet
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SumItUp wrote:Master's is an NAIA school, but not a party school. It's a great place to get your education.
It was a party school back in my day. Thankfully Al Gote was still working on. Holding the internet
You know those Calvinists do like their beer.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
You know those Calvinists do like their beer.
And fine cigars.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I rest my case
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Was it Masters or Christian heritage that Fish & G transferred to back to in the '80s? Some of you Old hags might remember.

I have to admit that I have never heard Masters called a party school. Seems an odd characterization based on my limited exposure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Was it Masters or Christian heritage that Fish & G transferred to back to in the '80s? Some of you Old hags might remember.

I have to admit that I have never heard Masters called a party school. Seems an odd characterization based on my limited exposure.
I'm just going by my experience over seas
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]