If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:Yeah. What's up with the jokers? They are so dedicated for football but can't be bothered for basketball? I remember reading their lame excuses last year. I don't get it.
They say there’s too many games and they can’t do them all while balancing school, jobs, and girlfriends.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:Yeah. What's up with the jokers? They are so dedicated for football but can't be bothered for basketball? I remember reading their lame excuses last year. I don't get it.
They say there’s too many games and they can’t do them all while balancing school, jobs, and girlfriends.
Based on football, it looks like they have the numbers where they could have a good representation for basketball without everyone having to be there for every game, they could work out some sort of schedule.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Oh I remember. Lame excuses. They don't all have to show up every game. Just half of them would be a huge improvement.

I'm sure if every game was in ESPN they'd somehow find a way to get there...
By Jonathan Carone
They’re really good when they’re there. It doesn’t take much to unify and lead the student section. At our largest we had 60ish people at a game but usually it was 30 or so. We had our core 15-20 that was at every game and the rest revolved around their schedules. You just have to have that core who is there consistently.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've never counted them: how many Jokers are there at football games?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'd post a congratulations on the LU Basketball Facebook Page, but alas, I am still banned for suggesting they should fire Layer 3 years ago.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:My wife and I can do without the screeching. It would be nice if the "LUnatics" showed back up to offer some "acceptable" noise. Nothing worse then an empty VInes and McCracken screeching . . .fingernails on a chalkboard times a million.
I'm glad someone agrees. I admire his dedication but geeeezzzz
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I've never counted them: how many Jokers are there at football games?
Anyone remember the Boo Box? :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Neo wrote:Liberty beat Navy in a closed scrimmage on Sunday, 61-54
For what it's worth, Navy was 16-16 last year, and their current KenPom rating is 163, which is 12 higher than ours.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:
Neo wrote:Liberty beat Navy in a closed scrimmage on Sunday, 61-54
For what it's worth, Navy was 16-16 last year, and their current KenPom rating is 163, which is 12 higher than ours.

Anyone know when the last time our KenPom(175) was higher than our football Sagarin(193)?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When you lose to St. Francis, you not get a high ranking anywhere.
You know this is the Basketball section, right? :dontgetit
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:When you lose to St. Francis, you not get a high ranking anywhere.
You know this is the Basketball section, right? :dontgetit
Doesn't matter. Only football does. :football :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Someone had posted that BB was ranked higher than FB. I was just being honest.

I have never understood why some folks get upset, lose sleep and get panties in a wad because someone may post something that's "viewed" as on wrong site. I could see it if someone started a new Thread, on wrong site, but making a comment comes under the "no harm, no foul rule".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Someone had posted that BB was ranked higher than FB. I was just being honest.

I have never understood why some folks get upset, lose sleep and get panties in a wad because someone may post something that's "viewed" as on wrong site. I could see it if someone started a new Thread, on wrong site, but making a comment comes under the "no harm, no foul rule".
At your age we are just concerned about your cognitive abilities
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ball-1-351

ESPN ranks us as the 179th best team in America, which is the second highest Big South team behind UNC-A (who was ranked 112th).

Other interesting notes:

We beat the #81 ranked VCU Rams and the #153 ranked Midshipmen from Navy.

I think Kenpom and ESPN will both be wrong about our Flames this year. BIG DANCE here we come in March with an upset win in the tournament.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ball-1-351

ESPN ranks us as the 179th best team in America, which is the second highest Big South team behind UNC-A (who was ranked 112th).

Other interesting notes:

We beat the #81 ranked VCU Rams and the #153 ranked Midshipmen from Navy.

I think Kenpom and ESPN will both be wrong about our Flames this year. BIG DANCE here we come in March with an upset win in the tournament.
I think RMK is going to get some national love for the turn around of this program by the end of this year. I just have a feeling the defense is going to be strong enough to shut down our best opponents this year. Even if the VCU game wasn't an in season game, that's a huge feat. Something is wrong with the rankings is 179 beats 81 by double digits. That something wrong is under ranking the Flames.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]