If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Neo
ballah09 wrote:How did the team do against Hampton?
We lost by 3. Shot very poorly in the 2nd half. Homesley got a few minutes of action.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I think this team will be very fun to watch and predict a successful season. I have listed my top 3 concerns.

1) Can Kemrite defend the perimeter ? He will not be in the post again this season as we have a much larger contingent of big men, which forces him to defend on the wing. He has not been great there so far in his career. If he does not show serious improvemnt there, McKay seems serious about defending before scoring as a priority.

2) Will Homesly return to form ? Mckay called him the most talented player on the roster last season when he was injured. Has he had a successful recovery, and how much did sitting an entire season hurt his skill on game day ?

3) Can Myo stay on the court ? Last year he was plagued with early foul trouble in several contests. He also admittedly was not in great shape. I am hoping his sophomore year he has overcome those chinks in the Armour.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Minor housekeeping note; Zach Farquhar is now listed as a SR on the roster. He has more eligibility, but no doubt is graduating early and won't have a scholarship next year, so he is moving on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I think this team will be very fun to watch and predict a successful season. I have listed my top 3 concerns.

1) Can Kemrite defend the perimeter ? He will not be in the post again this season as we have a much larger contingent of big men, which forces him to defend on the wing. He has not been great there so far in his career. If he does not show serious improvemnt there, McKay seems serious about defending before scoring as a priority.

2) Will Homesly return to form ? Mckay called him the most talented player on the roster last season when he was injured. Has he had a successful recovery, and how much did sitting an entire season hurt his skill on game day ?

3) Can Myo stay on the court ? Last year he was plagued with early foul trouble in several contests. He also admittedly was not in great shape. I am hoping his sophomore year he has overcome those chinks in the Armour.
I believe Ryan can defend the SF position against most of our opponents. I don't think he will be asked to defend the 2 very often. Cuffee will probably get that task when either Georgie or Lovell come out. We may face a challenge this year when teams go really small (like Chuck South has in the past).
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]