If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Which new comer will have the biggest impact ?

Cuffie , Mcdowell , or James ? If we are looking at immediate impact, you have to think Scottie James. He has played a season of college ball. He has also been around the program for a year, and he fills the biggest need. I would say when their careers are over, it will be one of the other two mentioned having the biggest impact on the program of the three.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I forgot to add the Akron transfer. He will definitely be in the running for the biggest impact for a newcomer this season.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Not exactly murderer's row Cider. LUMBB tweeted that Georgie was 13th in assist at some point during the tournament. I looked and there were only 17 teams. As a captain PG that got lots of minutes, that doesn't seem like a stat to broadcast.

Glad he is at LU, and he will be very good for us, but the international ball is not that impressive. Ray Chen, Juan Coranado, and a Peter Moller were fantastic international ball players.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did our guy from Poland who transferred to Ole Miss play any international ball?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
The list of international ballers that never panned out at LU is much shorter than the list that succeeded.

But yes I intentionally left off TG.
Last edited by R i on July 14th, 2017, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Not exactly murderer's row Cider. LUMBB tweeted that Georgie was 13th in assist at some point during the tournament. I looked and there were only 17 teams. As a captain PG that got lots of minutes, that doesn't seem like a stat to broadcast.

Glad he is at LU, and he will be very good for us, but the international ball is not that impressive. Ray Chen, Juan Coranado, and a Peter Moller were fantastic international ball players.
"International Ball" covers a lot of ground. This tourney is for the most part the best of the best all over the world. The US team, loaded with 4 and 5 star studs, finished 3rd behind Canada and Italy. The teams representing the home countries of the other former LU players you mentioned (plus the one you omitted) did not make the cut. There are a couple of weak regions, which is why you see teams like Mali and Angola in there, but overall the competition is tough. The New Zealand team PR beat got in over Australia and Japan beat out China for their berth.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Did our guy from Poland who transferred to Ole Miss play any international ball?
Tomasz Gielo actually played in this same tournament several years ago, starting for Poland and leading them in scoring against the US team if I recall. The Polish team was eliminated in regional play this year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, oldflame! :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:With a man bun
Purple, was that an :oldhag comment?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't expecting that either. I was expecting one of those awkward skinny 7 footers like McMasters but the dude has some athletically ability. Granted it's only a brief clip.

I won't complain this year when they can't get fans in the stands after that atrocious home schedule they put together. Central Penn wasn't available? :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:With a man bun
Purple, was that an :oldhag comment?
That's was a comment to save Humanity from this scourge.........and GET OFF MY LAWN
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Regarding schedule:
Possible excuse:The AD was so focused on getting the football schedules together that he forgot completely about basketball until the last 2 weeks and there were no options left?!

;)

Truly awful effort on the home schedule.
Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those ranking[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]