If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Sly Fox wrote:Dayton is a poor man's Cincy. Ritchie will continue to recruit the massive talent present in the Lone Star State. I have confidence in his intelligence. I know for a fact the LU Basketball Office is working harder to cultivate existing relationships down here.
I'm sure they are working EXTRA hard cultivating that existing relationship in Arlington. 8)
I know what you mean. But we have a bunch of other key influencers who played for us back int he day in both DFW & Greater Houston. Coach D (JM) always placed an emphasis on Texas and today we have a slew of former players in the coaching ranks down here with influence on great talent. The more we can rebuild those bridges the better.
Sly Fox wrote:I know what you mean. But we have a bunch of other key influencers who played for us back int he day in both DFW & Greater Houston. Coach D (JM) always placed an emphasis on Texas and today we have a slew of former players in the coaching ranks down here with influence on great talent. The more we can rebuild those bridges the better.
Here is a list of Liberty players from TX going back over 20 years:

Larry Jackson
Gabe Caldwell
Marcus White
Nic Wright
Chris Caldwell
Rob Attaway
Philip Ward
Nathan Day
Harry Williams
Rell Porter
Evan Risher
Anthony Smith
Jesse Sanders
John Caleb Sanders
Stephen Baird

For obvious reasons, I did not include the most recent Texas influx, starting with Ryan Kemrite. Can you give us an idea which of these fit in the category you mentioned, or any I may have missed? Just from my recollection of the players and their interests, I'm guessing Rell and Chris may be coaching, but a guess is all it is. I'm wondering if you include our new HOFer Juice in that group, since he apparently makes Houston his home now and I believe still has connections to the Nigerian youth system as well as perhaps some of the Nigerian players who are in the Houston area.
Another you missed was Stephon Leary. But in general, that is the list including Juice who has lived here in Houston for years. A bunch of these guys are in the coaching ranks including Chris Caldwell who runs TJ Ford's AAU program that is stacked with talent.
Rob Attaway, another Honors Program student who was here on TWO full ride scholarships--athletic Play Basketball and academic. Study
So is Isaiah with the team or not? I don't see him on the official roster. I am excited we will have so much depth at the 4 and 5 this year!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]