If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Modest numbers as a junior. Hopefully we bought low and he continues to get better and improve.
Unless CCS has another really good guard, Josh will be sharing back court duties with JC Tharrington, the PG we have offered for 2019. I would thing JC, who averaged 7 assists a game as a Soph last year, will be the primary ball handler.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
If his stroke and basketball IQ are anywhere close to his father's then maybe we get another Seth Curry-like steal.
He's a late bloomer so maybe a candidate for a red shirt? Let him grow into his body?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I got confused by the fact that both Charlotte Christian and Carmel Christian go by CCS. At his new school, Josh should get to play more at the point. He will still have a teammate with an offer from Liberty in 6'4" 2019 SG Marten Maide.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:If his stroke and basketball IQ are anywhere close to his father's then maybe we get another Seth Curry-like steal.
He's a late bloomer so maybe a candidate for a red shirt? Let him grow into his body?
Actually, the Curry comparisons are numerous.

6'3" guard with long arms........................................ check

Family lives in Charlotte, NC area.............................. check

Played for Charlotte Christian.................................... check

Dad is former NBA Star and all-time great shooter....... check

Older brother also a D1 basketball player.................... check

I expect one difference will be that for obvious reasons we won't be seeing Mark in the Vines on a regular basis the way Dell was. Mom will have to represent there (and she has a tough act to follow).

Ritchie has historically not been an advocate of the developmental redshirt. He has made an exception with Newton, but that's a pretty special case.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With this class on board, and including current redshirt Brendan Newton, I absolutely love our roster for next year. This year's squad is already the deepest we have had in recent memory, and we add 4 solid pieces while losing just one (albeit a key one in Kemrite).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Per tweet by ASOR, Darius McGhee opened his Senior season at Blue Ridge School in style with 30 points and 10 rebounds. Remember, Darius scored 38 ppg as a Soph to lead the nation, although that was clearly against low level competition. Last year he was more of a role player on a team loaded with top level veterans. This year he should be the #1 scoring option again, but against a pretty tough schedule as BRS prepares to defend it's State championship.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Update on our signees:
McGhee is averaging 28 points, 8.7 rebounds, and 2 assists per game while shooting 48.3% from the field and 50% from 3.
Preston is averaging 13.5 points, 12.2 rebounds, 4.8 blocks, and 1.5 assists per game while shooting 59.6% from the field.
I haven't been able to track down any stats on Josh Price yet.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Those are incredible stats for both considering the competion they play. Prestons rebounding numbers are what i look at since he has to share the rock scoring more at charlotte christian.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Our signee, Josh Price, dad just got fired by Charlotte.
Wow :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I suspect Mark has probably already had a call or 2 from NBA teams interested in him being their shooting coach, which is what he was doing before taking the job at UNCC. I like my idea better though. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I like my idea better though. 8)
+1 :clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Hudson Price, not surprisingly, has asked for his release from UNCC. Unclear whether he has eligibility remaining if he transfers, but I would think unlikely. He was leading the team in rebounding and 3 point shooting.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]