If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
I didn't know where was a good place for this thread, so I decided to put it here because basketball would use it more. I would like to start of with this question, why doesn't marketing create products that represent the city(more like a big town vibe) where LU is located? I mean Lynchburg does have a couple nicknames which are [The] Hill City and City of Seven Hills. It would be cool to share shirts, hoodies, muscle shirts, yoga gears, hats, scarfs, etc. Imagine as the teams progress, for example basketball, and we have a big game and the entire student section is wearing shirts that says Hill City with a star locating Lynchburg on it. Think about including these ideas on commercials where people of Lynchburg and alums, online students can see this and buy these products. Now the slogan will be on a bigger platforn . I also had another idea wgisvh could be sold in stores, on lines, etc. What if we had a slogan that state Virginia is for LUvers (The LU can look like the present logo of the school). These are just some ideas, does anyone else have some that they'll like to share?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:What if we had a slogan that state Virginia is for LUvers
I don't know what I think of your idea in general... I mean, when a school promotes that it is in NYC, there is a reason for that. Who cares about Lynchburg?

As for the "Virginia is for LUvers..." Dumb. And against copyright.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
I don't know what I think of your idea in general... I mean, when a school promotes that it is in NYC, there is a reason for that. Who cares about Lynchburg?

You just need to think outside the box :twisted:
By cruzan_flame13
alabama24 wrote:

That's your opinion and I'm just throwing out ideas. also there are ways to use a slogan that is copyrighted:

1. See if permission is needed.
2. Identify the owner of the slogan
3. Identify the rights needed to use the slogan.
4. Contact the owner and negotiate whether payment is required.
5. Get your permission agreement in writing.

P.S. I'm glad you and I are not business partners.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:

You just need to think outside the box :twisted:
Well yes. You may or may not be making a mockery but that is why small minded people are not inventers and innovators. So one can laugh and criticize all they want to.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
See I can mock AND be an innovator! I'm a big brained (among other things) type of guy
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
If LUvers is what you've got, I'm glad too! :lol:
And what business is that exactly?
By cruzan_flame13
alabama24 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

It's called creative thinking. Also there's folks who would buy that trust me. You know how many people buy things or ideas that have made millions by just advertising alone?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

It's called creative thinking. Also there's folks who would buy that trust me. You know how many people buy things or ideas that have made millions by just advertising alone?
Exactly! Teenager + VS Catalogue =

[youtube]62-TYluYIiw[/youtube]
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

Take it on Shark Tank!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I appreciate the effort Cruzan. I think you have some good ideas. Haters gonna hate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I appreciate the effort Cruzan. I think you have some good ideas. Haters gonna hate.
:brownbag
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]