If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NewsAdvance.com wrote:Liberty was one of eight teams selected Thursday to play in the 2017 edition of the Paradise Jam at St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

The four-day tournament, held Nov. 17 through 20 at the University of the Virgin Islands, features LU, Colorado, Drexel, Houston, Wake Forest, Mercer, Drake and Quinnipiac.
Click Here for Source
Sly Fox wrote:
NewsAdvance.com wrote:Liberty was one of eight teams selected Thursday to play in the 2017 edition of the Paradise Jam at St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

The four-day tournament, held Nov. 17 through 20 at the University of the Virgin Islands, features LU, Colorado, Drexel, Houston, Wake Forest, Mercer, Drake and Quinnipiac.
Click Here for Source
This would be a short trip for me, but unfortunately not a cheap one. I was surprised to find though that plane fare from Santo Domingo ($567.00 on Jet Blue) WOULD actually be less to go there than to LYH, or even RDU to catch a couple of home games. Even short island hopping flights (this is probably not much more than 200 mi) are notoriously expensive. No free place to crash in the VI though, and I'm afraid to even check on what hotel rooms cost. I'm hoping some things will be resolved which would make my finances less tight by then, so it might be possible.
oldflame wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:

Click Here for Source
This would be a short trip for me, but unfortunately not a cheap one. I was surprised to find though that plane fare from Santo Domingo ($567.00 on Jet Blue) WOULD actually be less to go there than to LYH, or even RDU to catch a couple of home games. Even short island hopping flights (this is probably not much more than 200 mi) are notoriously expensive. No free place to crash in the VI though, and I'm afraid to even check on what hotel rooms cost. I'm hoping some things will be resolved which would make my finances less tight by then, so it might be possible.
Row boat? :D
I actually know someone who could take me there by boat (twin Mercs, not oars) but to be cost effective it would require more than one person footing the bill. I definately don't know anyone else here interested in Liberty hoops, but a 5 day getaway in St Thomas could be appealing to a totally different group. Last time I spent any time at sea the experience was "less than pleasant" and Dramamine did not help much, so I'm not sure if I would want to do it anyway.
oldflame wrote:I actually know someone who could take me there by boat (twin Mercs, not oars) but to be cost effective it would require more than one person footing the bill. I definately don't know anyone else here interested in Liberty hoops, but a 5 day getaway in St Thomas could be appealing to a totally different group. Last time I spent any time at sea the experience was "less than pleasant" and Dramamine did not help much, so I'm not sure if I would want to do it anyway.
This could be an option
[youtube]7khQNR7s1Ho[/youtube]
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]