If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The Flames will play Sunday 03/26 , tip off is 02:00.

As mentioned in other threads, the amount of time the team has spent together practicing and playing in the post season is super valuable for next season. It is also nice to see them get a big win in the second round against Samford. According to ASOR, if LU wins this weekend , it will be first non conference road win in 20 attempts , dating back to December of 2012.

Besides the benefits of playing in the CIT listed above, and after seeing the Kelsey saga. I believe that if we keep winning in the CIT it prevents as much coaching attrition. We are less likely to lose good assistant coaches and Mckay ( I seriously doubt he was looking ) . The other jobs are filling up quickly as teams lose in the NCAA tournament.
If you're gonna use that time format R i I think it would be 14:00

Anyway, this run definitely benefits this bunch. With only Dawson gone via graduation, you have a very solid core of players coming back and they will have very strong chemistry heading into the summer.
You're in the miltiary postie...but that's diverting from the original topic...

Anyway, have whatever opinions you wish about the CIT vs. the NIT and NCAA tournament, but this extra game experience can only help us heading into this summer and 2017-18
We can't start slow against a team like this or we could get buried. If we start off well we have a good chance of keeping the game at our pace and coming home with the win. If the game is in the 60's-70 we win. Over that and we go down by double digits. We cannot play their game.
BJWilliams wrote: With only Dawson and Chen gone via graduation, you have a very solid core of players coming back and they will have very strong chemistry heading into the summer.
FIFY :fineprint
Excited to see what the off-season brings! Hopefully everyone get motivated and into the weight room. New talent coming in and some leaving. JD gave us needed leadership the past two years. He will be missed. I won't be suprised to see a few others go as new blood enters. Lots that 2 and 3 guard spot is looking crowded for next year.
ballcoach15 wrote:I wish this game had been played in Vines Center.
Per Damien in his season wrap-up report, McKay had the option to play UMBC at home and chose to go on the road because he believed it would be a better learning experience for the team. I'm not sure that was the smartest move, but I give him credit for acting on his principal that building the program is a process, and isn't always about winning or losing a particular gamed.
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I wish this game had been played in Vines Center.
Per Damien in his season wrap-up report, McKay had the option to play UMBC at home and chose to go on the road because he believed it would be a better learning experience for the team. I'm not sure that was the smartest move, but I give him credit for acting on his principal that building the program is a process, and isn't always about winning or losing a particular gamed.
He was probably embarrassed by the number of fans we have been drawing tbh.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]