If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Sly Fox wrote:Plus my crew will boost the attendance by five.
:clapping
There are still five games tonight that need to be played before they roll out the 2nd round matchups. Last night, four more schools punched their ticket to the next round including Fort Wayne, UMBC, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi & Idaho. UMBC would make sense as a likely opponent for Monday evening. But for personal reasons I'd love to see Corpus on Monday night to see Willis Wilson face off against his old buddy Coach McKay. It is not likely to happen but would be cool. They'll likely get the winner of the Texas State-Lamar contest.

PS - SumItUp is the man.
I'm hoping we play any team NOT in the Big South. :nono
Asheville LOSES to UT-Martin, 89-75.
A Sea of Red wrote:Liberty will host Samford Monday night at 7.
I know it's not the same but I always think of this when I hear of them

[youtube]Tl71DM84Wc4[/youtube]
Samford has 4 players averaging double digits in scoring. They also look like Transfer U with players from:
Bama
Auburn
Ole Miss
UMass
http://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

But they are only a Southern Conference school, so hopefully we have a shot for win #21 at home. Play Basketball
Purple Haize wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Liberty will host Samford Monday night at 7.
I know it's not the same but I always think of this when I hear of them

[youtube]Tl71DM84Wc4[/youtube]
I was joking about that with a friend this morning. I understand their BA in Junkyard Management is really popular. As is the Scrap Materials Engineering program.
Careful now--I think that's where Charles Billingsley went to college. :nono
Cider Jim wrote:Careful now--I think that's where Charles Billingsley went to college. :nono
Was he a Waste Management Major as well?
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
This is actually a pretty important game for our development as a team. Not only would we continue to get more tournament experience and practice time but also we have the opportunity to beat a team in the top half of the RPI which we haven't done all season. We have 20 wins but they have all been against terrible teams. We have consistently folded against better competition. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it brings legitimacy to a season some are lauding as one of LU's best ever but it would give me some peace in knowing we are continuing to grow into a program we all thought we were headed towards after those mid 1990's teams.
Keep improving. Keep working. Never satisfied. Go out and prove yourselves in a game that counts for something.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:This is actually a pretty important game for our development as a team. Not only would we continue to get more tournament experience and practice time but also we have the opportunity to beat a team in the top half of the RPI which we haven't done all season. We have 20 wins but they have all been against terrible teams. We have consistently folded against better competition. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it brings legitimacy to a season some are lauding as one of LU's best ever but it would give me some peace in knowing we are continuing to grow into a program we all thought we were headed towards after those mid 1990's teams.
Keep improving. Keep working. Never satisfied. Go out and prove yourselves in a game that counts for something.
Whoever is saying this is LUMBB best season ever needs to be drug tested. What thi is, however, is a successful season that EVERYONE should be pleased with. It exceeded expectations at every level, and when was the last time that has happened? No matter what happens next no one should be disappointed
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:This is actually a pretty important game for our development as a team. Not only would we continue to get more tournament experience and practice time but also we have the opportunity to beat a team in the top half of the RPI which we haven't done all season. We have 20 wins but they have all been against terrible teams. We have consistently folded against better competition. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it brings legitimacy to a season some are lauding as one of LU's best ever but it would give me some peace in knowing we are continuing to grow into a program we all thought we were headed towards after those mid 1990's teams.
Whoever is saying this is LUMBB best season ever needs to be drug tested. What thi is, however, is a successful season that EVERYONE should be pleased with. It exceeded expectations at every level, and when was the last time that has happened? No matter what happens next no one should be disappointed
Agree to some extent Haize but it is time to raise the bar back to where the expectations are much higher. For Liberty to be in the CIT and have it actually be an accomplishment means that the bar has been lowered considerably. I'm around programs like MTSU, UNCW, UAB, Davidson, Marshall, Old Dominion etc and I see how fast those teams can get things going in the upward direction in a short period of time. No reason why we shouldn't expect THAT from Liberty Basketball.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]