If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
What time does the game start? The website says 7:00, but the Champion says 1:00. I'm going to assume that the time in the Champion was a typo since that would put it starting at the same time as the football game. But, just wanted to make sure that the time hadn't changed since I wouldn't put it past the athletic department to schedule the basketball game at the same time as the football game.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Jeff Barber would let that happen. Not saying we won't have conflicting events but scheduling an exhibition hoops game at the same time of a Football game is not gonna happen. The Hoops game is at 7. What a long day for me on the mountain on Sat. Pre and post game tailgating then heading down to the Vines. I may have to bring a change of clothes. Not sure I will have time to go home. Gonna be a fun day esp after we win the football game!
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Will this game be on the radio?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I would say no but I don't know for sure. The radio crew will be working the football game for sure but not sure about the basketball game. If it were reg season that would be an affirmative.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Jeff Barber would let that happen. Not saying we won't have conflicting events but scheduling an exhibition hoops game at the same time of a Football game is not gonna happen.
That's right, sometimes I forget Barber is in charge now and things make more sense with him as AD!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Wife's birthday is today. Do I dare take her to the blue and white game? hmmm
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Wife's birthday is today. Do I dare take her to the blue and white game? hmmm
She better really like Lu basketball or you are pressing your luck...if you take her to a really nice dinner before hand and have already gone above and beyond.....maybe i guess.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Put your foot down and take her to the game!! :)
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Gotta take her... Who wouldnt wanna do that on their birthday?! :)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
An exhibition? Me. A real game, sure, exhibition, no.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
ha, not even an exhibition. an intersquad scrimmage. Yet I'm still thinking of a way to pull it off...
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I am really looking forward to evaluating this team on Saturday. I can't wait to see how the new guys play against outside competition. This weekend is gonna be fun!
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm interested in the rotation.

Kyle Ohman has to have worked his way into some playing time. He's going to be a real good player for us.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Hey, just thought I'd throw this in here just in case the unthinkable happens:

UMD just beat California, P.A. (who? where?) by 2 points the other night. And Syracuse just squeeked by Bryant. I think it was Bryant. So the outcome is probably not an indicator of our season.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
That is what I was saying before and WEF backed me up.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Bryant almost beat UMd last year, or the year before.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
barton lost to W&M by 11 a couple of nights ago
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I should not matter, but it will if its a loss or close. The program is not established enough to take a loss. I think will win if the scrimmage was any indication of the talent of the team. I was not there in person. 50 page paper and studying for the LSAT
By BurningFlame
Registration Days Posts
Anyone have any idea how much it will be to get into the game? can't wait to finally see some Flames Basketball!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I suspect it will be free for everyone tonight but I could be wrong.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:50 page paper and studying for the LSAT
Great, just what the world needs ... another lawyer. :lol:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
LU down by 15 with 15 to go. Not a good sign vs a division 2 team. Good thing this won't count.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I left. Got too frustrating to watch, even as I am the one who said don't worry about it. Right now the Kool Aid needs a little more sugar in it for my taste.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]