If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
First game will be next week, per the CollegeInsider.com website:

I randomly was in town when we won that CBI game with Seth a few years back. I'll just miss the first round this time by a couple of days. But if we hosted a second round game, I will definitely be in the house.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoping for win #20. Go Flames!
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
I'll take it. Post season experience for this young core is vital. Really need to get a least 1 win to get a taste of what that feels like. Great news and opportunity for RMK and co.!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:I'll take it. Post season experience for this young core is vital. Really need to get a least 1 win to get a taste of what that feels like. Great news and opportunity for RMK and co.!
Certainly better than a kick in the face with a golf shoe Play Basketball
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You have to think they already have their field in mind if the first round starts the day after selection Sunday
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I was having a hard time understanding which classic or tournament we had been invited too. Thanks for the info ASOR.

Campbell got an invite as well. UNCA will likely be in the NIT ?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think that is how they set it up...and according to the explanation behind the Coach McClendon "Classic", we are going to face an HBCU so my guess is we won't know who we are playing until after the MEAC and/or SWAC tournament is concluded
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Hey it's the NIT of the NIT!!! Survive and advance
You again. :dontgetit
As James Todd Smith says

[youtube]vimZj8HW0Kg[/youtube]
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Teams to accept CIT bid thus far:
UMBC
Campbell
Liberty
Canisius
Saint Peter's
Fairfield
Samford
USC Upstate

I fully expect Liberty to host Norfolk State and former LU signee Stavian Allen on Monday night if the Spartans don't win the MEAC Tourney.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If I remember the NIT bid process, unless that has been changed, that probably is not a possibility unless Howard or UMES wins the tournament. If NCCU, as the #1 seed and regular season champ, wins the tournament, NSU would get their bid to the NIT. If NSU wins, NCCU would automatically go to the NIT as the aforementioned #1 seed and regular season champ.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Hey it's the NIT of the NIT!!! Survive and advance
You again. :dontgetit
As James Todd Smith says
That's cute! :|
By PAFlame
They're just waiting for the remaining high major conferences to finish and hoping they can pull in some middle of the road teams from there. I'm hoping for a first round win (though you saw what happened against Radford :oops:), not expecting much more after that though.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well color me surprised and I stand corrected...looks like Norfolk State didn't wait to get an invite to the NIT
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The field has been set, and Norfolk State tips off against LU at 7:05 in the Vines Center on Monday night.

Here is the rest of the field: http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournamen ... esults.php
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]