If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
LIBERTY
[lib-er-tee]

noun
The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

verb
We were the better team but in the end we always liberty.

Define it
By Class of 20Something
LUconn wrote:LIBERTY
[lib-er-tee]

noun

verb

Define it
Team with fans with unrealistic expectations of a team whos style of play takes an average of 4-5 years to correctly implement.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUconn wrote:LIBERTY
[lib-er-tee]

noun

verb

Define it
Team with fans with unrealistic expectations of a team whos style of play takes an average of 4-5 years to correctly implement.
/enddiscussion
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'm talking beyond basketball. This verb plagues the whole department. I just posted it here because it's the most recent example. I do like your verbage about the fan's lofty expectations though.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
REally you have to look at that one of two ways:

1) How would you define Liberty in the past
2) With the new AD, how SHOULD Liberty be defined in the future.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:REally you have to look at that one of two ways:

1) Football hasn't had a losing season since Karcher(2005). MBB has been mediocre at best. WBB has had a few moments to truly shine. Baseball hasn't had a losing record since joining the BSC.

2) We have Ian McCaw as our AD now. That should say everything.
Football has grown in Texas. Texas. You don't grow a collegiate football program in Texas with 11 OTHER FBS teams fielded. BU went to 6 consecutive bowl games while McCaw was there, ending a 16 year drought.
MBB has made the NCAA 7 of the past 9 years. No invite once and won the NIT the last year.
WBB has been NCAA Champs twice and never not made the tourney during McCaws tenure. Four trips ended in the elite eight, three in the sweet sixteen, and one in the final four. They had made the tourney twice prior to IM's time at Baylor.
Baseball lost the CWS once during IM's time at BU.

IM is synonymous with athletic excellence. There is no reason to believe that he has lost his touch with coaches, boosters, alumni, and recruits.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Those things are true 20Something...but it took a few years to see the fruit of his labor there...would Liberty fans have the patience to give him a chance to build things to the level of excellence he ended up with down in Waco
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
1) Football hasn't had a losing season since Karcher(2005).
This is textbook Libertying
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Languishing in mediocrity and the belief that money + facilities equals wins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Languishing in mediocrity and the belief that money + facilities equals wins.
Truly a member :flamingdevil
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:REally you have to look at that one of two ways:

1) Football hasn't had a losing season since Karcher(2005). MBB has been mediocre at best. WBB has had a few moments to truly shine. Baseball hasn't had a losing record since joining the BSC.

2) We have Ian McCaw as our AD now. That should say everything.
Football has grown in Texas. Texas. You don't grow a collegiate football program in Texas with 11 OTHER FBS teams fielded. BU went to 6 consecutive bowl games while McCaw was there, ending a 16 year drought.
MBB has made the NCAA 7 of the past 9 years. No invite once and won the NIT the last year.
WBB has been NCAA Champs twice and never not made the tourney during McCaws tenure. Four trips ended in the elite eight, three in the sweet sixteen, and one in the final four. They had made the tourney twice prior to IM's time at Baylor.
Baseball lost the CWS once during IM's time at BU.

IM is synonymous with athletic excellence. There is no reason to believe that he has lost his touch with coaches, boosters, alumni, and recruits.
And countless numbers of rapes and sexual assaults along with the attempted cover up of a murder within the basketball program during his tenure at Baylor.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, the Dotson-Dennehy murder and cover-up occurred before McCaw arrived. In fact, he was brought into Waco in an effort to rebuild in the wake of that scandal. Just wanted to make sure you kept your focus on appropriate matters which are serious enough in their own right.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, the Dotson-Dennehy murder and cover-up occurred before McCaw arrived. In fact, he was brought into Waco in an effort to rebuild in the wake of that scandal. Just wanted to make sure you kept your focus on appropriate matters which are serious enough in their own right.
:dontgetit
By cruzan_flame13
I feel like some folks on here have forgotten or that they didn't listen to the press conference a couple weeks ago. Coach Gill clearly stated that they had a good amount of good prospects who were interested in LU and the mission for sports. The thing that didn't make them commit was the fact that LU was not FBS. If that was the main issue with not committing, then that means we have a better opportunity from now on with great prospects, especially those who are Christians. Also, yes we are a southern baptist school but that has nothing to do with recruiting. There are so many denominational background who attends this school which is not concernconcern(Christianity is not defined by denomination; shouldn't have them in the first place). So the idea that LU is only looking for southern baptist recruiting areas(which is ACC/SEC regions) is absurd. They're so many great prospects all over the U.S. that may be obvious but I've seen so many ignorant comments through the forums(People are still hating or being negative, even in the LU community). Yes folks are still trashing on McCaw and I'm sure they'll continue for awhile. As I see it LU is not selling out just because they want a good athletic program and we can't officially say that McCaw is 100% innocent or guilty. As long as he isn't convicted, then he is allowed to still work and use his talents for sports. It's funny how folks are so crazy of the incident at Baylor more than those in Waco. This shows how hypocritical folks are to a Christian institution than another institution like Penn State or other controversies in other schools.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You had more assumptions in that statement than a math equation
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, the Dotson-Dennehy murder and cover-up occurred before McCaw arrived. In fact, he was brought into Waco in an effort to rebuild in the wake of that scandal. Just wanted to make sure you kept your focus on appropriate matters which are serious enough in their own right.
Dotson-Dennehy Murder pre-dates McCaw.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Dotson-Dennehy Murder pre-dates McCaw.
I know this.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:You had more assumptions in that statement than a math equation
They're actually facts in my statement, of course they're assumptions in your cranium. We will be recruiting nationwide and yes we have folks from other denominations other than southern baptist at LU. How are those assumptipns when it's an obvious fact and McCaw said from his own mouth that he wants to recruit nationwide? Also with the case with Baylor, I don't see McCaw behind bars as yet so I stand by my comment. With that being said, if you go through most of the forums you'd see the severe criticism of folks because they are mad that LU was granted FBS favor from thr waiver. You even have regulars who defend LU because others are attacking mostly from personal matters. But of course PH, you have to comment with a statement which would've been more humorous if it was a scientific method joke but you didn't...tsk tsk tsk lol
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:You had more assumptions in that statement than a math equation
They're actually facts in my statement, of course they're assumptions in your cranium. We will be recruiting nationwide and yes we have folks from other denominations other than southern baptist at LU. How are those assumptipns when it's an obvious fact and McCaw said from his own mouth that he wants to recruit nationwide? Also with the case with Baylor, I don't see McCaw behind bars as yet so I stand by my comment. With that being said, if you go through most of the forums you'd see the severe criticism of folks because they are mad that LU was granted FBS favor from thr waiver. You even have regulars who defend LU because others are attacking mostly from personal matters. But of course PH, you have to comment with a statement which would've been more humorous if it was a scientific method joke but you didn't...tsk tsk tsk lol
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I feel like some folks on here have forgotten or that they didn't listen to the press conference a couple weeks ago. Coach Gill clearly stated that they had a good amount of good prospects who were interested in LU and the mission for sports. The thing that didn't make them commit was the fact that LU was not FBS. If that was the main issue with not committing, then that means we have a better opportunity from now on with great prospects, especially those who are Christians. Also, yes we are a southern baptist school but that has nothing to do with recruiting. There are so many denominational background who attends this school which is not concernconcern(Christianity is not defined by denomination; shouldn't have them in the first place). So the idea that LU is only looking for southern baptist recruiting areas(which is ACC/SEC regions) is absurd. They're so many great prospects all over the U.S. that may be obvious but I've seen so many ignorant comments through the forums(People are still hating or being negative, even in the LU community). Yes folks are still trashing on McCaw and I'm sure they'll continue for awhile. As I see it LU is not selling out just because they want a good athletic program and we can't officially say that McCaw is 100% innocent or guilty. As long as he isn't convicted, then he is allowed to still work and use his talents for sports. It's funny how folks are so crazy of the incident at Baylor more than those in Waco. This shows how hypocritical folks are to a Christian institution than another institution like Penn State or other controversies in other schools.
You asked for it:
You assume people have forgotten or didn't listen to the press conference a couple of weeks ago
You assume Coach Gill would say anything else
You assume Coach Gill's statement is accurate
You assume LU will now have a competitive recruiting advantage they didn't have before
You assume LU hasn't been recruiting Nationwide to begin with
You assume LU is not selling out for Athletic Success
You assume IM was not willfully ignorant
You assume people in Waco are less concerned than people in Lynchburg
You assume this is a hypocritical position
People are still upset over the Penn St incidents so I'm not sure what your point is.

So those are just a few of the assumptions you made on first pass
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I feel like some folks on here have forgotten or that they didn't listen to the press conference a couple weeks ago. Coach Gill clearly stated that they had a good amount of good prospects who were interested in LU and the mission for sports. The thing that didn't make them commit was the fact that LU was not FBS. If that was the main issue with not committing, then that means we have a better opportunity from now on with great prospects, especially those who are Christians. Also, yes we are a southern baptist school but that has nothing to do with recruiting. There are so many denominational background who attends this school which is not concernconcern(Christianity is not defined by denomination; shouldn't have them in the first place). So the idea that LU is only looking for southern baptist recruiting areas(which is ACC/SEC regions) is absurd. They're so many great prospects all over the U.S. that may be obvious but I've seen so many ignorant comments through the forums(People are still hating or being negative, even in the LU community). Yes folks are still trashing on McCaw and I'm sure they'll continue for awhile. As I see it LU is not selling out just because they want a good athletic program and we can't officially say that McCaw is 100% innocent or guilty. As long as he isn't convicted, then he is allowed to still work and use his talents for sports. It's funny how folks are so crazy of the incident at Baylor more than those in Waco. This shows how hypocritical folks are to a Christian institution than another institution like Penn State or other controversies in other schools.
You asked for it:
You assume people have forgotten or didn't listen to the press conference a couple of weeks ago
You assume Coach Gill would say anything else
You assume Coach Gill's statement is accurate
You assume LU will now have a competitive recruiting advantage they didn't have before
You assume LU hasn't been recruiting Nationwide to begin with
You assume LU is not selling out for Athletic Success
You assume IM was not willfully ignorant
You assume people in Waco are less concerned than people in Lynchburg
You assume this is a hypocritical position
People are still upset over the Penn St incidents so I'm not sure what your point is.

So those are just a few of the assumptions you made on first pass
Assume:
suppose to be the case, without proof.

You get so offensive in these forums it's actually humorous. I don't have to assume folks didn't watch the conference or forgot key information that was discussed on this forum and mostly other forums. I don't have to assume since AD McCaw had stated the things Gill stated a month before and based on his experience with success, you can take a higher chance of taking his word. I don't have to assume when it is a fact that LU did not heavily recruit like on the east coast and soutcentral U.S. Nationwide means the entire nation not parts of it. I assume LU is not selling out because this was the vision from the beginning to have success in football and eventually other sports, academia, etc. They didn't sell out because they made a presentation which proved that they are FBS ready and also that they will enter FBS independent (which is technically not a conference). You assumed that I think McCaw wasn't ignorant in what was going on but according to law, a citizen is innocent until proven guilty. Furthermore, there is no assumption that Baylor is demonized more than Penn State based on the fact that Baylor is known as a Baptist institution. That means the backlash has and will be heavily pursued since the media loves attacking anything with Christianity. Great example is Falwell Sr.'s comment of homosexuality with 9/11. He literally sated that sin has caused the attack to occur (while mentioning homosexuality as one of the sins). Of course the media skipped everything except the part mentioning homosexuality and made it an outcry. Till this day that message had been a deep wound on Liberty because of the false narrative of media MD political officials.

I know you can talk down(or whatever you're doing) to others on here like Beej and everyone goes with it, but don't play that game with me okay? You did didly squat with your comment because what I stated has or is being proved now. That's why there's so much attacks.

P.S. Take a chill pill, you definitely need it. :)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Way to hijack my thread jerks. I was trying to have some fun around here at the expense of our endless futility :beatinghorse :beatinghorse
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So you tell me your assuming what you are assuming. Yet you are not assuming, ergo, I'm offensive. Got it
The Baylor Scandal IMO pales in comparison to what went on at Penn St. Both or horrific and something is definitely in the water in Waco in light of Mulkey's comments but Baylor isn't being singled out. I do know they are beyond grateful that LU hired McCaw so that he will no longer solely be associated with their School and LU can take some of the heat
I have no idea what 9/11 has to do with this conversation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Way to hijack my thread jerks. I was trying to have some fun around here at the expense of our endless futility :beatinghorse :beatinghorse
He started it :dramaqueen
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:So you tell me your assuming what you are assuming. Yet you are not assuming, ergo, I'm offensive. Got it
The Baylor Scandal IMO pales in comparison to what went on at Penn St. Both or horrific and something is definitely in the water in Waco in light of Mulkey's comments but Baylor isn't being singled out. I do know they are beyond grateful that LU hired McCaw so that he will no longer solely be associated with their School and LU can take some of the heat
I have no idea what 9/11 has to do with this conversation.
So I gave you prove, yet I'm still assuming. I even gave you the definition, but you still don't get it :dontgetit . My discussion on the 9/11 example was to prove how folks attack anything to deal with Christian more than anything else (Penn St./Baylor). I'm just going to leave that there because this will get no where since using a definition doesn't help.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on March 5th, 2017, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]