If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Despite all the shenanigans the truth is this:
1. You don't win games by starting the game in the bus. You are not a good team if you consistently start games ice cold.
2. We are a solid defensive team and young.
3. Each and every player needs to look inside themselves and go to work this off-season. We won a lot of close games against teams ranked 200 and below and 0 against teams ranked 200 or better. We are not that good yet and players need to get that and work to get better.
4. Did I mention our ice cold shooting to start games? Why is that? It's a problem that seems mental to me and we need to figure it out.
I realize Liberty played like crap and didn't deserve to win that game and I hate complaining about the officials but they didn't deserve to get screwed like that. What a crap show that was the last 3 mins from Teddy Valentine and his crew. They figured they were quiet the whole game and they had to go out with a typical Teddy fashioned game and make some BS calls.Cousin blatant travel. Two obvious charges. then following up with a BS 5th foul on Ryan. must've had 10 secs to inbound that ball at the end and then they let about 4 seconds run off on the Cabbil intentional foul.

I want to end it with this. Great year from the guys. With Scottie, Caleb and Elijah on board next year and a more mature team they should be preseason favorites. I fully expect a grad transfer to be inserted in the lineup whether its a big or a scoring forward. again congrats to Ritchie and to the team
We exceeded my expectations And were on the right track for sure. However there are 2 disturbing trends under mckay.

- we seem to peak just a few games into conference play then steadily decline towards the last 2 weeks plus tourney. Our tourney play has been abysmal under mckay in 3 of the 4 years.
-we have to play better against better competition including wu and unca. Granted more talent will help but its not all talent shortage.

Ballah i hope your right but that would require attrition. Were still 1 scholly short right now.

On the positive we should be much further along defensively with the returning players plus cuffee being around the program so much. Heres to hoping for a faster start next year and to keep building.
Radford outplayed us but it's hard to swallow when the refs take over a game like they did down the stretch. It was awful.

I don't think it changed that outcome but it was bad enough where it made you wonder.

Nice improvement this year but I think we also needed to make a jump in the tournament. Next year expectations will be much higher.
What's ironic jinxy is we actually were winners of I think 8 of 10 heading into the tournament with our only losses to UNCA (who got bounced the game prior) and Winthrop so I wouldn't say we declined necessarily. I think ALAFlamesFan touched on one thing that hurt us today...the cold start.
g-webb1994 wrote:Silver platter for Winthrop now. Oh, and Ted Valentine is a (insert your favorite unChristlike word here).
I so wish I could find the video of him tossing out Bob Knight and Knight walking all the way down the court and around him before leaving. Classic. Much better than The Chair
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]