If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Take a page from us and pressure them on the perimeter all game and take your chances. They live and die with the 3 ball.

I believe WU hosts if they win (they are predestined to do so in the land of the Calvinists), and if we win at HPU. I think we can win at HPU to be honest, that win last night is something we can build on, especially heading into next season only losing one senior, assuming the transfer bug doesn't bite. Of course, we beat HPU then if RU can win at CU, RU would move up to #5 and play us. The vibe I get here is LU doesn't want to deal with RU again. I myself would much rather play RU since I believe we matchup better with them than HPU, and playing the same team twice in five days is tough.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Pretty much the usual. Double digit loss.

Mckay and company have to figure out how to play better against winthrop and asheville. I can handle losing to better teams but weve been embarassed all 4 times while gdub radford and hpu have all beaten them and played them tighter. Its fristrating and puzzling as to why we play so poorly against them.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Big South kicks Liberty out so we don't have to put up with ASN ever again. Im half jokingly about that btw.

I couldn't watch the game but from listening to it sounds like they missed a lot of open looks and easy bunnies. I don't know why they play so bad against UNCA and Winthrop. It's not like they play spectacular defense or anything. LU beat Gardner Webb twice and I think they have the best defense in the league next to Liberty. Before someone says something about being out coached you can't out coach someone when your team keeps missing layups and open threes which seems like clockwork when it comes to playing UNCA and Winthrop.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are still young and missing a few pieces. Keep recruiting and I am looking forward to next year. Stay Hungry fellas. Get in the weight room and do work.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I don't know why they play so bad against UNCA and Winthrop. It's not like they play spectacular defense or anything. LU beat Gardner Webb twice and I think they have the best defense in the league next to Liberty.
UNCA and Winthrop are the best defensive teams in the Big South when using defensive efficiency per Ken Pomeroy's website, both for the entire season and in conference games.
By LiberTbone07
Not sure if we just get over-intimidated mentally by these games, especially being a young squad. 11 straight losses to UNCA certainly doesn't help.
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I hope the Big South kicks Liberty out so we don't have to put up with ASN ever again. Im half jokingly about that btw.
Don't want to be kicked out of Big South and put our teams in a bind, but totally agree with your feelings about ASN. Hate it every time I see they are carrying a LU game. No way to watch where I'm at. I rather Big South use LFSN or have the games available on the Big South website. I'd venture to guess Big South has more people watching between those two method than people watching through ASN.

Sad to see that LU lost this game, but happy to see how this team has improved the past 2 years. Hoping this team can make a run in the Big South tourney.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]