If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
I saw them down here a couple of Saturdays ago. They only dressed eight players. You can't compete on any level dressing only eight. I'll give Gee credit though, his players never quit.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:I saw them down here a couple of Saturdays ago. They only dressed eight players. You can't compete on any level dressing only eight. I'll give Gee credit though, his players never quit.
I dunno. I had sex with a coach who made it to semi state dressing 7
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am still trying to figure out how Longwood got into BSC. They should have stayed D II.
You mean the Longwood that has won 3 of the last 4 championships in your favorite sport?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
They probably have won more in softball than all other sports combined. Still they should not have been admitted into BSC.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Ryan Hiepler!!!

He had a 2-minute highlight reel forcing a turnover, knocking down a corner 3 and taking a charge. He brought a serious charge to a good crowd in the Vines tonight.
By Redbonebandit
Registration Days Posts
Ya Hiepler was all over, loved the diving hustle play even though they called a foul on him. Glad to see the boys came out in the second half and put things away, though tbh shouldn't have been close with Longwood only dressing 6.
By cruzan_flame13
SumItUp wrote:Ryan Hiepler!!!

He had a 2-minute highlight reel forcing a turnover, knocking down a corner 3 and taking a charge. He brought a serious charge to a good crowd in the Vines tonight.
This guy is committed for his team. Good to see a player like that tonight. He's like a calmer version of Dennis Rodman(I'm pointing out the committed part for this one, nothing else lol).
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood is an absolute embarrassment. We must have won by 100 combined points in the 4 games between the men's and women's teams. It's truly puzzling why the Big South thought they would be a good add. There are maybe 2 programs that they are decent in counting the obvious softball.

It wasn't our finest outing of the year but we did what we needed to do and got a double digit win. I doubt we will beat UNCA but i would really like to get to 20 wins and a postseason birth of some type. That would be a great reward for a team that has really improved this year.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Longwood is an absolute embarrassment. We must have won by 100 combined points in the 4 games between the men's and women's teams. It's truly puzzling why the Big South thought they would be a good add. There are maybe 2 programs that they are decent in counting the obvious softball.

It wasn't our finest outing of the year but we did what we needed to do and got a double digit win. I doubt we will beat UNCA but i would really like to get to 20 wins and a postseason birth of some type. That would be a great reward for a team that has really improved this year.
The Big South needed another school with women's lacrosse, within easy driving distance of HPU, Campbell, Liberty, Redford and VMI (who is no longer here), plus a good softball and men's golf team, decent baseball team and women's soccer teams. They will also likely be Radford's travel partner for when we eventually leave...
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If that's the best case you can make for adding Longwood then the big south is in even bigger trouble than we ever imagined.

You meaning as an argument. Not you personallyou. Just wanted to clarify.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]