If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's a pretty basic breakdown:

Winthrop
28/56 FG (18/31 2FG) 10/25 3FG 18/25 FT

Liberty
21/52 FG (10/28 2FG) 11/24 3FG 14/18 FT

Liberty made 1 more 3 in one fewer attempt, but the Eagles made 4 more free throws and 8 more 2 point field goals...
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Here's a pretty basic breakdown:

Winthrop
28/56 FG (18/31 2FG) 10/25 3FG 18/25 FT

Liberty
21/52 FG (10/28 2FG) 11/24 3FG 14/18 FT

Liberty made 1 more 3 in one fewer attempt, but the Eagles made 4 more free throws and 8 more 2 point field goals...
So, you're saying that the team that scored more points was declared the winner? That is indeed a pretty basic breakdown.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not so much that...even though you're clearly trying to make fun of me adam...we were outscored 34-16 on points in the paint...that means that 17 of their 18 2 point makes were in the painted area...thats domination pure and simple
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
There is a clear break between UNCA and WU at the top and the rest of us. I wouldn't go out and make your MacKay dolls to burn in effigy just yet, he has done more than an admirable job in two years with what he inherited.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's another stat...of their 34 rebounds...26 we're defensive...that means 26 of our misses led to empty possessions...
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely, Problem is you cant be objective on this board at all. You can think were on the right track and the staff has done a great job while also acknowledging we have to do something different against those 2 teams since weve been blown out all 3 times. Some of those others teams were beating are giving wu and unca much better games than we are. Thats why i say we have to adjust something. I didnt expect us to beat either this year. I also didnt expect to lose by 15 plus all 3 times and look totally over matched. Either way were ahead of schedule. Thats indisputable.

As far as playing the walk ons. I disagree and it cost us 2 or 3 buckets when they were in yesterday late in the first half simply because they got out athleted. It may have still happened if we were playing our other guys but it may not.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:There is a clear break between UNCA and WU at the top and the rest of us. I wouldn't go out and make your MacKay dolls to burn in effigy just yet, he has done more than an admirable job in two years with what he inherited.

This.

We're not as good as our record but light years ahead of where we probably should be at this point in our "rebuild." Layer left the cupboard pretty bare. We're a big man away from being highly competitive. Add Caleb back in the mix with our recruits next season and we should probably be the favorites next season (assuming we don't lose anybody to transfers).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]