If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Charleston Southern University
North Charleston, South Carolina

CSU Official Site

Barclay Radebaugh
12th Season as CSU Head Coach

2016-2017 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 8-16
    Big South ... 4-9
    Road .......... 2-10

• Nov. 12 - @ Florida State .................... L, 88-67
    Nov. 15 - Columbia International ....... W, 90-53
    Nov. 19 - S.C. Upstate ......................... L, 79-77
    Nov. 22 - @ Abilene Christian ............. W, 66-65
    Nov. 26 - Toccoa Falls ......................... W, 101-54
    Nov. 29 - @ Alabama .......................... L, 76-46
    Dec. 03 - Abilene Christian ................. L, 85-82 in OT
    Dec. 10 - Johnson & Wales (NC) ......... W, 100-53
    Dec. 13 - @ VMI ................................. L, 88-83
    Dec. 17 - @ Georgia ........................... L, 84-64
    Dec. 20 - @ Virginia Tech ................... L, 87-59
    Dec. 29 - Winthrop* .......................... L, 84-68
    Dec. 31 - Liberty* ............................. L, 81-70
    Jan. 04 - @ Campbell* ...................... L, 92-82
    Jan. 07 - @ Gardner-Webb* .............. L, 79-75
    Jan. 11 - Radford* ............................ W, 70-64
    Jan. 14 - UNC Asheville* ................... L, 76-67
    Jan. 19 - @ Presbyterian* ................ W, 73-52
    Jan. 21 - Longwood* ....................... W, 76-61
    Jan. 26 - @ High Point* ................... L, 72-69 in OT
    Jan. 28 - Gardner-Webb* ................. L, 85-76
    Feb. 01 - @ UNC Asheville* .............. L, 91-73
    Feb. 04 - Presbyterian* ................... W, 71-65 in OT
    Feb. 09 - @ Radford* ....................... L, 79-67
    Feb. 11 - @ Liberty* ........................ 2:00 PM

Key Player
    #11 Christian Keeling
    6' 3" 175 lbs Freshman Guard
    Thru 24 Games: Averaging 16.8 Pts, 6.6 Rebs & 1.3 Assists + 45.6 FG%
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody interested in a Fifth and Federal FF lunch BEFORE the game???
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
So might this be the last time we face Coach Radebaugh on the CSU bench? Is his seat getting hot yet? Or do they have legitimate reasons for their sorry record?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Anybody interested in a Fifth and Federal FF lunch BEFORE the game???
If they lose you might need it AFTER the game. Ha
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have to guess that unless the administration is concerned about off the court issues, Barclay is safe for now in spite of the bloodbath around him in the athletic department.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I have to guess that unless the administration is concerned about off the court issues, Barclay is safe for now in spite of the bloodbath around him in the athletic department.
Shows how far out of the loop I am...whats going on at CSUcks? And yes, pretty sure Barclay is safe, he does a great job with what he has to work with down there.

With that said, we just need to win. That is all. Hope the students show up for the game.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Barclay is safe. In fact, outside of Gee, I don't see any BSC coach being canned, and Gee might be safe due to that extension LW signed him to.....as far as coaches leaving and moving up the coaching ladder, how much longer does Kelsey stay at WU. Nibbert is an icon at PC, I think he basically can write his own exit from the bench there.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The AD basically has no power at CSuck. Everything has to get approved by the vp and athletics isn't that important. That's why Chadwell wanted out the worst way. Coaches can't get the simplest thing from the admin, it's pretty sad actually. They should be in D3.

I agree. Barclay is safe. considering the resources and support his team gets it's amazing the players he even gets.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Got the win. CSU actually played well(ish), but our guys closed it out down the stretch.

I really hope people are getting the clue that Liberty has a good product and start showing up to support this team.

When was the last time Liberty MBB was 12-2 in conference?
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
This team is getting better game by game. We have not won the big games at home this year and you need to win a few to get fans to take notice. They will come, just not this year...

4 games left. Tough one at home against High Point and 2 tough road games plus Longwood. If we can go 3-1 I will start to have expectations for this team to make the tourney. Otherwise, I am happy with steady improvement from our young guys.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Attendance was listed at 2,381 by my crew of three didn't show up until halftime, so we really had at least 2,384 in attendance. And the crowd was so vocal they drowned out McCracken.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
yeah attendance seems to be getting bigger which is a start. student section is getting larger as more students are coming out which is great. now they need to be loud on a consistent basis not cheer only on a dunk or a flashy play.

as for the game. great to hang on since the worst 3pt shooting team in the bs was hitting contested threes and shots for that matter though out the game.
By Wvflame2013
My idea is to section off about 10 -15 rows courtside that are standing room only. Do whatever they have to. Remove the seats if need be. Next have someone to head up the student flames club that actually organizes the students, chants, and a pregame guide to intimidate the team. This would include research on the team and select one player to be the bum of the game. That player will be boo'd everytime they touch the ball. During foul shots sing a really annoying children's song. Something like Jesus loves me. Or various songs alternating.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:My idea is to section off about 10 -15 rows courtside that are standing room only. Do whatever they have to. Remove the seats if need be. Next have someone to head up the student flames club that actually organizes the students, chants, and a pregame guide to intimidate the team. This would include research on the team and select one player to be the bum of the game. That player will be boo'd everytime they touch the ball. During foul shots sing a really annoying children's song. Something like Jesus loves me. Or various songs alternating.
You mean, exactly what WVU does? :)

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]