If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
lawrenceq wrote:What the heck did I miss. I thought it was over with under a minute and turned it off frustrated.
Know what you mean. I gave up three different times. Glad I hung in there.

You can replay the game. I fast forwarded the game to end of regulation watched again. Still don't know how they did it. Down 8 with 30 seconds to go in 1st OT. Wow
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looked at the pxp of OT 1...G-W missed three FTs in the final 30 seconds...Reid banked in a 3 to force the second extra session. They make any one of those, it's a different discussion on here
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
This might be the team/coach combo that gets me back into the Vines. Haven't been to a game since the loss to VMI at the end of RMK's first coaching stint. With everything that has gone on with the Admin, I have dumped my Flames Club sponsorship and I gave up all ten season tickets to football. I follow from afar, but this team deserves some local support!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:This might be the team/coach combo that gets me back into the Vines...I follow from afar, but this team deserves some local support!
If you don't mind the cheap seats, you are welcome to sit with the Cider Crew, which is located a just a blue few seats behind McCracken-a-box. Play Basketball
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:We aren't dead last in the nation anymore in FT%, we are up one spot to #346 overall. We've shot better lately, but if the game comes down to the FT line, big time advantage LU.....
Thanks!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If you look back at both the second half and the first OT, in both instances you see key missed free throws by GWU.

in the last minute of regulation, two shooters each split a pair of free throws. GPO hits a pair with two seconds left to tie the game. Then the aforementioned scenario in the first OT.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not at this juncture but I may want to start seeking out distributors of fresh crow for some
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
rogers3 wrote:This might be the team/coach combo that gets me back into the Vines...I follow from afar, but this team deserves some local support!
If you don't mind the cheap seats, you are welcome to sit with the Cider Crew, which is located a just a blue few seats behind McCracken-a-box. Play Basketball
To show how long it has been...I have no idea who McCracken is OR where he sits! Inform me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:I have no idea who McCracken is OR where he sits! Inform me.
Trust me, you can HEAR him before you see him. Just listen for the human siren coming from a thin guy wearing face paint and Mardi Gras beads and blue latex gloves standing inside a box and waving pom poms where Gary, the #1 fan, used to sit. And his hat is on backwards.

And you better get there soon, because McCracken is a graduating senior--in the Aviation Dept. (seriously).
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im not at this juncture but I may want to start seeking out distributors of fresh crow for some
What? Beej... you are the biggest homer on this board. How are you NOT excited about this team yet?!?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It is better to experience him in person that to try and explain the McCracken phenomenon.
What do folks think about his wearing a long blonde (women's) wig last game?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Anyone who is not excited must have a very short memory. Just think back to where we were two years ago. It think it is amazing how far we've come in that short of a time.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Anyone who is not excited must have a very short memory. Just think back to where we were two years ago. It think it is amazing how far we've come in that short of a time.
The success of this season is nothing short of incredible.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
considering what they're accomplishing right now. No Homesly, redshirt of James, and the down production of Dawson. Different players are stepping up and contributing to wins. Next year is going to be really special with the addition of James, Cuffee (best Big South signee) and Homesly coming back from injury. The squad will be LOADED with talent and experience.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
While gdub missed clutch free throws we had one of our worst free throw games in recent memory. Dawson missed a pair in OT. Georgie nailed the biggest 2 though.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
We fed it to y'all not once, but twice, on a big fat silver platter, and you dined. Congrats. Poor coaching and execution on our part, especially at the FT line. That's why we are zero threat come conference tourney time.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Im not at this juncture but I may want to start seeking out distributors of fresh crow for some
What? Beej... you are the biggest homer on this board. How are you NOT excited about this team yet?!?
I've believed in this bunch from day 1 pretty...but I want this to be another step in the right direction, which is exactly what we are getting. I'll get excited for the big picture not one part of it
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Big picture holds off excitement when the team is under .500 during the OOC portion of the schedule. This team has achieved more in-conference (attribute to it what you will) than the 08-09 team. I don't even believe the 03-04 team had a better conference record. This team has broken the consecutive road win streak at 7 and counting.

Again, how are you not excited by this season's success? I'm all about the big picture and the big picture is showing us amazing results - worthy of excitement.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Fair enough...this has the potential to be a very good group beyond this year. I guess I really just wanted to make like the Sixers and "trust the process" so getting excited isn't something I really do at this point because it's all part of the journey...rhey certainly have exceeded even the stingiest of haters' expectations (Guess checkers moved on after Barber left)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]