If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Hey BJ, whatever it is, it worked.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:99 times out of 100 that shot is missed
Actually it was taken once and made once. Are you proposing some sort of multiverse theory? If so, I'm interested.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
Actually it was taken once and made once. Are you proposing some sort of multiverse theory? If so, I'm interested.

Great. A literalist :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I love it when real coaches like BJ and Purple get on here and discuss basketball strategy. It's almost like we are in the huddle with them. Play Basketball
I'm just trying to stay sharp in case that call comes for Upward Playoff season! Play Basketball
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
LUconn wrote:

Great. A literalist :roll:
Nah it's just called heart. When someone is committed, anything is possible. There is no such thing as luck. Although it's obvious, it seem that we all need to be reminded from time to time. What I've seen so far is a group of boys who have heart. The shot that Reid had made is just a great example of how memories are made from the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Did I say anywhere it wasn't a spectacular play? I was answering Coach BJ's question Radford played good defense on that possession. I'm positive McCay would have preferred taking shot going to the rim or from the elbow I'm also positive he will take the win
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Did I say anywhere it wasn't a spectacular play? I was answering Coach BJ's question Radford played good defense on that possession. I'm positive McCay would have preferred taking shot going to the rim or from the elbow I'm also positive he will take the win
Woah there, calm down cowboy. I was referring to more than just the previous statement. Just take a deep breath and you'll be alright. Also that wasn't really good defense in my humble opinion. Even though the defender's hand was up in front of Reid's face, he wasn't close enough to make Reid incapable to see the length of the hoop. Reid's probability of making that shot was still decent in my opinion.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
After analyzing a couple more angles again, I agree, the defense was outstanding. I guess I was more thinking about changing one aspect of how they attacked the play
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Did I say anywhere it wasn't a spectacular play? I was answering Coach BJ's question Radford played good defense on that possession. I'm positive McCay would have preferred taking shot going to the rim or from the elbow I'm also positive he will take the win
Woah there, calm down cowboy. I was referring to more than just the previous statement. Just take a deep breath and you'll be alright. Also that wasn't really good defense in my humble opinion. Even though the defender's hand was up in front of Reid's face, he wasn't close enough to make Reid incapable to see the length of the hoop. Reid's probability of making that shot was still decent in my opinion.
That's sort of the definition of good defense.
The only thing he could have done better was deny the ball andbsteal the inbound pass. But that would have been difficult
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd of thought that if A.C. was the primary read on that inbounds plsy, but Dawson was (hence the cross screen by Reid and the flash cut). If he went for the pass, he would have needed to go over top the cross screen instead of underneath it as he read on the video. Of course that raises the risk of a foul call if his timing isn't Swiss perfect
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]