If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bell with his best game as a flame tonight. Finally finishing and staying out of foul trouble. Taking care of business at home like a good team should
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Young team getting better. Good win at home should help build some momentum with fans. This team is going to be really good, like outside of the Big South good, next year. You can see the young guys gaining confidence with each game. Great game for Bell. This team has good balance. Playing the what if game. What if CH didn't go down earlier in the season?
By cruzan_flame13
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Young team getting better. Good win at home should help build some momentum with fans. This team is going to be really good, like outside of the Big South good, next year. You can see the young guys gaining confidence with each game. Great game for Bell. This team has good balance. Playing the what if game. What if CH didn't go down earlier in the season?
Oh man that would've been something! I'll have to agree that the team is stepping up, however there's more work to be done. These guys are gaining chemistry and the leaders are proving themselves to be valid. Next year will be lit (pun intended) when CH returns plus the class of 2017 steps in to get situated with the squad.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit that I was a bit surprised to see Myo so skilled in transition. I've seen him be a back-to-the=basket scorer but going coast-to-coast breaking ankles. I'd love to see this not be an outlier game for him.

On the other side of the ball, the Hose have flat out nothing. Nibert must be an exceptionally nice guy to keep his job for this long. Because he isn't showing anything with the squads he's running out on the floor year after year.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
To me, good teams look like they have an objective with each offensive set and I'm really happy to say that I see that in this team. It tells me that the players have bought in and trust what the coach is trying to accomplish. You used to see this in most good division 1 teams, but not so much now in the age of one and done. I think this bodes well for the team, especially on nights like tonight when the shots aren't falling to begin with. Defensively, having the heart and desire to contest each shot and each pass is exciting to watch.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And most of the bigs guarding Baxter-Bell were 6'9".
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Loved the athleticism Josiah T. showed on the dunk. And this team really seems to like each other. Also I think AC is turning into more than a 1 dimensional player, improving on defense especially.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ive been saying that for several weeks. Im not quite sure why j talbert doesnt see more minutes especially when myo gets in foul trouble. Hard to argue with the recent results. It must be his defense because everytime he gets the ball in the paint he seems to finish
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I admit that I was a bit surprised to see Myo so skilled in transition. I've seen him be a back-to-the=basket scorer but going coast-to-coast breaking ankles. I'd love to see this not be an outlier game for him.

On the other side of the ball, the Hose have flat out nothing. Nibert must be an exceptionally nice guy to keep his job for this long. Because he isn't showing anything with the squads he's running out on the floor year after year.
PC is going through a change at AD right now, so I'll be curious to see what happens once they get a new person in that role. I know Nibert has been there forever, had some decent success at lower divisions, and helped guide them through the transition process (even when the school botched the process and made it a year longer than it needed to be)....so I'm sure the school doesn't want to fire him. But something has to be done. And this can't be fun for him at this point, so maybe they meet after the season and mutually decide to change directions (and he can get a role in the athletic department so he's not fired)...they haven't had a winning record in the league since they've moved up (this is their 9th year now where they've counted in the standings, and they finished .500 their first year, and haven't gotten to that point since). And they have only gotten worse after losing a pretty good roster that they had during their transition years into a full D1 program...Barring a crazy turnaround this season, this will be the fifth straight season where they will finish in the bottom 25 of the nation in KenPom (they are currently 2nd worst right now...they finished 3rd worst in 2013-14). It will be tough for them to ever be a regular 'power' in the league in basketball based on their location/facilities/budget/enrollment...but they can be better than this. I've heard nothing but good things about Nibert as a person, but he just doesn't seem to be a D1 level coach.

And nice job by LU last night. I turned the game on early and the Flames were really struggling offensively, but the defense kept the Hose from pulling away, and then it became obvious that LU was going to control things in the final 5 minutes of the first half.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Myo was dirty on that cross over. That was a crazy impressive display of athleticism. The steal, the quick first steps to push the ball and the crossover. Beautiful.

Don't look now, but LU is riding a 3-game winning streak with 4 very winnable games on the horizon. Would be very exciting to ride a 7-game winning streak heading into Rock Hill. I may have to take the short 30 minute drive for that barn burner!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]