If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Gardner-Webb University
Boiling Springs, North Carolina

GWU Official Site

Tim Craft
3rd Season as GWU Head Coach

2016-2017 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ..... 10-9
    Big South ... 3-3
    Road .......... 4-5

2K Classic
    NOV 11 - @ SMU .......................................... L, 72-44
    NOV 14 - @ Pittsburgh ................................ L, 99-80
    NOV 18 - vs. Eastern Michigan in Indy .......... L, 76-68
    NOV 19 - vs. Howard in Indy ....................... W, 94-78

NOV 22 - Toccoa Falls ................................. W, 103-53
    NOV 25 - @ Georgia .................................... L, 77-59
    NOV 29 Coker ........................................... W, 102-54
    DEC 03 - @ VMI ......................................... W, 86-68
    DEC 07 - Hampton .................................... W, 69-63
    DEC 10 - Furman ....................................... L, 68-65
    DEC 16 - Warren Wilson ............................ W, 95-45
    DEC 18 - @ Nebraska ................................ W, 70-62
    DEC 21 - @ Kansas State ........................... L, 67-54
    DEC 29 - High Point* ................................. L, 71-64
    DEC 31 - @ UNC Asheville* ........................ L, 90-85 in OT
    JAN 04 - @ Radford* ................................ W, 70-59
    JAN 07 - Charleston Southern* ................. W, 79-75
    JAN 11 - Campbell* .................................. L, 76-60
    JAN 14 - @ Longwood* ............................ W, 85-79
    JAN 19 - @ Liberty* ................................. 7:00 PM

Key Player
    #20 Tyrell Nelson
    6' 7" 235 lbs Senior Forward
    Thru 19 Games: Averaging 13.1 Pts, 7.1 Rebs & 1.5 Assists + 56.7 FG%
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for putting this together Sly. Makes the game more official if we have a thread up with pictures for a couple of days.

The old adage is that Defense Travels. Seems like the guys play with more of an edge and tenacity when they are the visitors. Hopefully the energy in the vines will be there and the Defense can stay home some too.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Gardner-Webb has won games at Nebraska and at Radford this season. I am expecting a very close game tomorrow night.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
If it comes down to foul shooting, you have nothing to worry about. We have been inconsistent all season, our guards do not share the basketball, and Nelson's numbers have suffered as a result.

The shot we have here is that maybe you guys are looking ahead to an old school Big South rival game with Winthrop at your place Saturday night. Maybe y'all come out flat as a result, but I don't think Ritchie will let that happen.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
What is the expected attendance for tonight's game ? My guess is 3,500. Students are back, and a winning team that is fun to watch because they share the ball.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames hang on 65-62. Runnin Bulldogs with 4 more ft attempts and only one more make on the night
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Another clutch win. We did a better job of team rebounding tonight against a team with multiple quality bigs. Dawson and kemrite put us on their backs. Bell has great moves but has got to learn to finish. Big game saturday now. Typically we get wiped out in this type game so lets see.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Gwebb1994 you weren't kidding when you said they were selfish. Could've had a lot of open threes if they would kick it out but they chose to drive recklessly. Got a lot of charges or Turnovers was kind of shocked. Nelson was a monster but he can do so much.

Defense was very good. Ryan and John with big games when everyone was off. Rebounding was outstanding. A lot of the time in the right position and defended the weak side a lot better.

Can't say enough how bad the Big South officials are. My gosh.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
One of the three officials last night, is one of the best in the country. I do not think we can blame officials this morning.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Kemrite finished the game 5/6 from the field, 3/4 from 3, and 7/8 from the free throw line. A Sea of Red article pointed out this stat. This is so efficient, and Ryan does so many things for us on the defensive end as well.

Great game by him, and very impressive season.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
R i wrote:Kemrite finished the game 5/6 from the field, 3/4 from 3, and 7/8 from the free throw line. A Sea of Red article pointed out this stat. This is so efficient, and Ryan does so many things for us on the defensive end as well.

Great game by him, and very impressive season.
He missed his last field goal attempt too. He had 20 points on 5 field goal attempts at that point, finished with 20 points on 6 field goal attempts. That's beyond efficient.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
One of the three officials last night, is one of the best in the country. I do not think we can blame officials this morning.
Agreed...as I noted, they had four more free throw attempts than we did. That's pretty close actually.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
R i wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
Agreed...as I noted, they had four more free throw attempts than we did. That's pretty close actually.
Perhaps they were equally bad to both teams? I saw some calls that were questionable at best against both teams.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
By what standards? And I'm not blaming officials I'm just saying they suck.

Multiple touch fouls on myo. Missed goaltending and then following up with a blatant flop call called on Gardner. A potential 5 point swing. Liberty got away with flop calls too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:By what standards? And I'm not blaming officials I'm just saying they suck.

Multiple touch fouls on myo. Missed goaltending and then following up with a blatant flop call called on Gardner. A potential 5 point swing. Liberty got away with flop calls too.
Who were the officials?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballah09 wrote:By what standards? And I'm not blaming officials I'm just saying they suck.

Who were the officials?
I didn't get their last names nut the guy sitting behind him often referred to them by their first names - "Moe, Larry, and Curly."
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Mike Eades and two younger guys.

Complaining about touch fouls on Myo ? He records lots of fouls in most games. So every single official gets it wrong with only Myo ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Mike Eades and two younger guys.

Complaining about touch fouls on Myo ? He records lots of fouls in most games. So every single official gets it wrong with only Myo ?
Eades is cocky but he is good. I'm sure he was there to mentor the other 2.
When officials don't know the rules you can blame them. For making judgement calls....get Over yourself

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]