If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Trailing 23-22 at the half Defense has kept us in it despite being out rebounded 23-10 Myo leads us with 6 points Gardner and Pacheco have 5 each

Apparently Purple is in the house along with SCAR
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Trailing 23-22 at the half Defense has kept us in it despite being out rebounded 23-10 Myo leads us with 6 points Gardner and Pacheco have 5 each

Apparently Purple is in the house along with SCAR
No. we just got shout outs. We watched them on FBlive. I'm in WS I should have gone. But I had a friend trying to get me WF/UNC tickets and didn't know LU was playing till too late
Now I'm at Big Daddy's Burger Bar consuming some monstrous creation i came up with
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Big win. This was the swing game to stay in that top 3 or fall back in the middle of the pack. I thought we actually looked the part on defense consistently for the first time this year tonight. Thats what has to happen to carry us through cold shooting night.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
A W is a W, but we are not going to win many games if we don't have significant improvement over tonight's game. That HP gym is a sad, little, cracker box , it is a wonder they get any decent players.
Last edited by flameshaw on January 12th, 2017, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Combined record of the teams we've beaten: 5-15. 3 of the 4 teams are the bottom 3 teams in the league. We can only beat the teams on the schedule and cant do much better than we've done but I think this shows we dont really know where we stand yet. It just says we dont suck. Which is always a relief.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Combined record of the teams we've beaten: 5-15. 3 of the 4 teams are the bottom 3 teams in the league. We can only beat the teams on the schedule and cant do much better than we've done but I think this shows we dont really know where we stand yet. It just says we dont suck. Which is always a relief.
That's basically where I am, although I think I may be a bit more optimistic I'm looking forward to seeing this scrappy group continue to find a way to win against some of the better BSC teams in the next couple of weeks
By R i
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: It just says we dont suck. Which is always a relief.

:rofl
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:A W is a W, but we are not going to win many games if we don't have significant improvement over tonight's game. That HP gym is a sad, little, cracker box , it is a wonder they get any decent players.
Have you been on their campus? its pretty amazing what their prez has done over the past decade.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
flameshaw wrote:A W is a W, but we are not going to win many games if we don't have significant improvement over tonight's game. That HP gym is a sad, little, cracker box , it is a wonder they get any decent players.
Have you been on their campus? its pretty amazing what their prez has done over the past decade.
Plus you have a lot of areas within an hour drive to pull kids from
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Find me 3 more teams in the league that will go 3-0 at HPU, CSU, and PC. I don't think you can.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bingo. If those were home wins then against those 3 it wouldnt be as impressive. To be a top 3 team you have to beat the bottom half of the league on the road. Weve never done that consistently. Doesnt mean we will stay there but that was a big win. Saturday is another big one.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]