If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
A win at home tonight could set the tone for a very good conference season.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Our record against division I opponents the past two calendar years
2015: 2-28
2016: 14-15

Here's to continued improvement in 2017!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I watched the game last night and I don't have the doomsday view of our performance that you do jinxy...we completed ourselves well, but UNCA is a very good passing team as was booted before, and hit a very high percentage from the perimeter. I saw more than a couple plays where that extra pass was out within a half second of the ball arriving and our guy came to defend and the shot was away before anyone could close out to contest.

I also recall alot of times where on the shot we were a step out of position for the rebound and UNCA beat us to it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Btw would anyone mind updating the hoops schedule threads?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I thought the defense played well. UNCA was hitting threes and contested shots while liberty wasn't and Liberty had a lot of open looks. Both teams did a very good job packing the paint and making it hard to penetrate.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
If we made 10-25 of our 3 pointers versus 5-25 then we win the game. Poor shooting night. A lot of it was their press that made us take 20" off the shot clock each possession and then we had to scramble and usually took a shot at the end of the shot clock which resulted in a lot of missed 3s. Our defense was for the most part pretty sound with a few breakdowns especially in the first half. Teague will be BSC FOY, Thomas with his 7 foot wingspan is a real disrupter on defense and is proficient around the basket, Robertson killed us but we held Vannatta scoreless and Wnuck had the game of his life because we have no protector around the basket. My take.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]