If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames lead 27-20 at half
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We just lost...to Furple!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bad loss. Guess we all jumped the gun a bit. We just cant rebound and our offense is so 3 pt heavy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if Southwestern Christian will be getting a call soon....
By Jonathan Carone
I think it's safe to say we are in a sophomore slump currently. It happens to a lot of programs. Hopefully we can bounce out of it before conference play.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Live by the 3; die by the 3.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Live by the 3; die by the 3.
We shot 9-27 from 3, which is not awful What ended up costing us the game was not being able to get defensive stops at crucial points in the second half

This game was hopefully a step in the right direction for Dawson getting back on track, but unfortunately that was more than offset by an off night by Homeesley Dude missed a dunk :roll: That resulted in a basket the other way 4 point swing We lose by 3
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I like where he is at and the fact he has the Big Picture in mind!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is showing passion which is more than the previous coach ever did. It is hard not to get overly frustrated but this team has come a long way compared to a year ago at this time.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Scottie James will be an immense help next year at 6'8" and his ability to rebound and play low post defense and offense. We will have to be patient until then.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Scottie James will be an immense help next year at 6'8" and his ability to rebound and play low post defense and offense. We will have to be patient until then.
It looks like it'll be all small-ball until then. My old high school plays a bigger line up. Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I think Ritchie will find a away to add a big man by the time season ends.
:dontgetit
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I think Ritchie will find a away to add a big man by the time season ends.

Do you mean for next year :dontgetit
By FlameFan11
Difficult game to watch us give away down the stretch. Outscored 30-14 in the paint.

Just curious but what makes you think Scottie James will get playing time next season. He barely played at Bradley. Gardner and James have very similar skill set with Gardner a little better on offense and James a little better on defense. Does James take Myo's minutes?

Speaking of minutes, hard to believe that Chen didn't get more time yesterday. What more can the guy do? If production doesn't get you more time, what does? Gardner was very good in the 2nd half at UNCG helping us in that comeback than hardly sees the court again. Our rotations this year have made absolutely no sense.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlameFan11 wrote:Difficult game to watch us give away down the stretch. Outscored 30-14 in the paint.

Just curious but what makes you think Scottie James will get playing time next season. He barely played at Bradley. Gardner and James have very similar skill set with Gardner a little better on offense and James a little better on defense. Does James take Myo's minutes?

Speaking of minutes, hard to believe that Chen didn't get more time yesterday. What more can the guy do? If production doesn't get you more time, what does? Gardner was very good in the 2nd half at UNCG helping us in that comeback than hardly sees the court again. Our rotations this year have made absolutely no sense.
If you watched the team scrimmage beginning of the year you would have seen James dominate in the paint. That's what I see. I guess he didn't get much playing time as a true freshmen at Bradley. I like his 6'8" 226lb frame in the post and yes, he will take minutes from Baxter-Bell.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Do you mean for next year :dontgetit
my bad but Yes i meant next year.
By FlameFan11
The big man we are adding next year is Scottie James. All the scholarships are accounted for unless someone transfers (becoming likely at this point) or McKay chooses not to renew a schollie.

I have seen multiple practices and James is not dominating Myo. In fact the opposite the times I've seen. Gardner outperformed Reid and many times Kemrite yet doesnt get game minutes over those guys. Josiah has a bigger frame and weighs more than Scottie Gardner is only an inch shorter, 10 lbs less and more athletic. Don't see much of a difference except a year of college experience.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not super worried about that at this point FF11. I'm willing to give him this year he is sitting out to work on things (and take his lumps) and hopefully when he gets to see the court in game action he can be an integral part of the rotation
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]