If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlameFan11
Worried about what? Scottie James is very similar to Gardner and Josiah who Coach McKay is giving limited minutes. James is not going to bring anything with size/scoring/athleticism that Josiah or Brock could also bring right now. We are using them very sparingly so why would next year be different? Remember, Gardner was a recruit that McKay said was the best to come to Liberty since Curry and is lucky to get 10 minutes a game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
without being there for the day to day and practice I can't really answer. He is in the 8 man rotation at this point with 4 games left until conference play and I have a good bit of trust in McKay at this point (as Im sure you do as well) in how he is managing the minutes even though its tough to watch at times given the talent of the guys we brought in this year
By Neo
FF11, we get it. Brock Gardner is the best thing since sliced bread, but give it a rest. Kid is 9 games into his collegiate career. He has great potential, but he also makes freshman mistakes frequently, particularly on defense. He got caught napping twice last night leading to open 3 pointers for Furman. He also fouled a 3-point shooter 3 feet behind the 3-point line. He's averaging double figure minutes and his time will likely only increase as the season progresses. But take a chill pill man, we're tired of hearing the same thing after every game.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
FF there will be a scholarship available . Every year there is someone that doesn't get his scholarship renewed or transfers out because of playing time.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Anyone else find it interesting FF11 is from Arizona and so is Gardner? Just me? Ok then.
He doesn't list his location so that would be somewhat telling as to his "love affair" with Gardner
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Did not watch a ton of this game, but I found this funny. Caleb Homesley got rejected by the rim right before halftime (turned out to be a huge play, in retrospect). Afterward, they were showing something on MASN from LU's picture day. They asked the players who the best dunker on the team was, and most said Homesley.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:You can find his location if you know where to look.
How sly of you.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Did not watch a ton of this game, but I found this funny. Caleb Homesley got rejected by the rim right before halftime (turned out to be a huge play, in retrospect). Afterward, they were showing something on MASN from LU's picture day. They asked the players who the best dunker on the team was, and most said Homesley.
He really is our best dunker This was easily his worst game of the year, topped off by that play
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]