If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlameFan11 wrote:I realize that Chen has been effective but if he's getting more minutes, someone has to sit. That's the challenge. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel there is any pressure to win now. I want to win and would love to be in position to compete for the BSC title by the end of the year but shouldn't the focus be on the future? Are the minutes more valuable as an investment in freshman and sophomores as opposed to a senior new to the program?

Does the AD situation factor in for RMK to feel he has to win right away? I don't think so but the short leash on our freshman and lack of game minutes for those guys ,who have a much higher upside, has been puzzling.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure the guys are like 'Hey, let's wait to win. I don't see a need to win any games in fact until Conference Play. So, take a few days off'. You can only win when you play. I'm pretty sure every time they play they'd like to win the current game in front of them.
The Program was in the crapper before last year. So appreciate how far they've come and enjoy the trajectory they are on.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I always enjoy reading your Upward Bound coaching perspectives. :wink: Keep 'em coming!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, I always enjoy reading your Upward Bound coaching perspectives. :wink: Keep 'em coming!
Well, I haven't had that opportunity yet. However I keep watching game film from The White Shadow so I can be ready if my big shot comes!
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]