If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:So will there be any kind of athletics protest from students? Or are the students apathetic about it all?
Who cares. Bryce Drew will be LU's coach soon
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:So will there be any kind of athletics protest from students? Or are the students apathetic about it all?
Who cares. Bryce Drew will be LU's coach soon
Half of his staff would feel right at home 8)

On second thought, is it possible you meant Scott Drew :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
York is about to interview Ian McCaw on the pregame Don't expect any tough questions in that one :|

Good news Lovell Cabbil will play after passing concussion protocol
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:York is about to interview Ian McCaw on the pregame Don't expect any tough questions in that one :|

Good news Lovell Cabbil will play after passing concussion protocol
'So, do you like houses with or without pools?' (Anyone remember that quote?)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
This game is almost as bad as our AD hire.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Flames win 62-48
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Homesley stuffed the stat sheet with 15 points, 11 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists and a steal
Gardner with a nice game 6 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks in 22 minutes FlameFans 11 is smiling
Baxter Bell 12 and 3 with 2 dunks in 20 minutes
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:How was the crowd?
no stat on that. but they sounded quiet on tv
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
From what I saw last night was one of the most uninspired performance I've seen from a McKay team. Almost looked like a Layer coached team. Standing around doing nothing.

I hope Ritchie finds a way to pick up an athletic big this offseason. Juco or graduation route.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sounds as if we waited until last 5 minutes to "turn it on". We allowed Penn to hang around until then. Dawson got in foul trouble again.
By Dalegarz1
Although our long range shooting was dismal, Central Penn hung around because they were so much more athletic than us. We will struggle with dribble penetration by athletic guards.
By FlameFan11
Crazy game last night. On the surface the result was disappointing but I actually walked away feeling encouraged. Most importantly, the guys didn't back down from the most physical team they played so far this season. It was chippy, physical every possession, coaches yelling, players chirping. I'm sure the outside perception is that our team is soft so I'm glad we responded the way a tough team should.

Regardless of opponent, if you say Dawson scores his first basket in the final minute, AC goes 0-6 shooting, Dawson and Kemrite foul out and we shoot 5-26 from the 3 pt line, I would be very worried about a loss. Instead it was a 14 point win that we had to rely on our defense to get.

Previous posts have mentioned rebounding and poor defense. We actually won the rebounding battle 35-30. Won points in the paint 26-20. (Appreciate RMK reading A Sea of Red posts and playing Myo and Gardner more) It also translated into holding a team averaging 90+ points a game to 48 points. You can't play uninspired and hold any college team to 48 points. Maybe offensively we were but defensively was pretty solid. We held them to 25.5% shooting for the game, 12.5% from the 3 and only 7 offensive boards which is an improvement for us. We obviously need to play better on the offensive end but last night wasn't all gloom and doom.
By FlameFan11
Just got a chance to listen to Alan's post game with Coach McKay. Interesting point that RMK said he practiced the guys harder and longer the day before the game yesterday. Could be a reason for some of the "sluggish" play early on. Hopefully, building toughness for later in the season.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]