If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlameFan11
Time for a young team to take a step forward and protect their home court against a team they should beat. Although you know MVSU will be hungry for that W.

Any word on Cabbil? My guess with the quick turn around will be held out. One less guy in the rotation. Most likely minutes for Barmore but I'd like to see more front court minutes. Guess we will see soon. Go Flames!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In pre game interview Ritchie told York that Homesley did not start the last 2 games due to sloppy defense He will be back in the starting lineup today Pacheco also starting so I figure Cabbil will sit this one out
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
30-22 Liberty at half.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
49-36 Liberty with 11:49 left.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 70-55.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flames win 70-55

Homesly with 22 and Kemrite with 21
Cabbil out and we get a combined 5 points from Dawson and Reid and win by 15
Nice 8)
By Dalegarz1
Nice win! Some excellent 3 point shooting and sharing the rock. We need to cut down the turnovers but this is a fun team to watch.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I feel good about this team and where we are heading. It isn't always pretty but the improvement is there. I feel pretty good about how we will compete in conference play. We shall see.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pacheco-Ortiz and Barmore, our 2 FR PGs, did not score, but combined for 7 assists with only 3 TOs

As a team we had 21 assists on 26 baskets, which is OUTSTANDING
By TerraCottaGamer
Solid game all around. Great to get another win against a non-conference d1 school. This program is looking good.

Kemrite, or as my wife calls him "pasty white kemrite", looked very good and was admittedly on fire but it looked like he rode that a bit hard as he rushed a couple ill advised 3's toward the end and grew some roots in the corner in the last 10 minutes of the game. But again, he was very good all day.

Homesly looked good in the first half and great in the second driving the lane which was wide open for most of the second half due to LU's great outside shooting all day.

The team, as a whole played a very solid game. There were a couple of lazy moments on defense and also a time or two where, after an outside shot, just about everyone was backpedaling to the defensive end instead of crashing the board and following the shot. But I was quite impressed and look forward to seeing what this team can do in the Big South.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Kemrite has traded his headband for some white spandex, which kind of look like the pantyhose that nurses used to wear in the 1960s. :shock:
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Can't wait until Saturday to see how we look against decent competition again. Waiting for Brock to have a break out game. I feel like that comes before conference play starts. Progress.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Who would have thought that the one NCAA team stat we are among the leaders is turnovers forced Tied for 16th at 19pg I think after today's result we may crack the top 20 in 3 pointers made pg

Looking at the leaders, I see that Dugger is up to his old tricks at the Citadel after backing off the gas a bit his last few years at VMI
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Pacheco-Ortiz and Barmore, our 2 FR PGs, did not score, but combined for 7 assists with only 3 TOs

As a team we had 21 assists on 26 baskets, which is OUTSTANDING
That's an assist percentage of 80.7% which is definitely outstanding
By FlameFan11
Great to see the young guys dominate the game from start to finish after winning a game they trailed most the game. More development for this group. Dawson and Reid with quiet games just shows the quality of our depth. Rebounding still an issue playing so small but we have created enough turnovers to offset it so far.

Olldflame mentioned the asst/to of the freshman pgs. Chen also was 4/1 and Gardner 2/0. Brock fills the stat sheet. 5pts, 2reb, 2ast in only 8 minutes. When he gets a 20+ minute game you will see that breakout ALA.

Saturday will be a solid road test against W&M. Look forward to seeing the guys continue to develop.
Last edited by FlameFan11 on November 23rd, 2016, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlameFan11
William and Mary up 11-6 after the first 5 minutes at Duke. They look solid. Changing defenses and skill guys all around. W&M big man just rolled his ankle so the lead may not last long. Game on ESPNU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe Dawson got in foul trouble.

Attendance was not great.
You know it's still Thanksgiving break. Right? In fact it's Thanksgiving TOMORROW
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]