If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Quite a stat line for Homesley in 32 minutes off the bench

19 points on 6-9 from the floor, 2-2 from 3 and 5-9 FT
7 rebounds
5 assists with only 1 turnover
2 steals
1 block

Call me a :koolaid drinker, but I actually think he is capable of approaching those numbers on a regular basis He is a special player, and is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential
I refuse to take anyone on the court seriously who wears a man bun or that hideous head band
Now get off my yard
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:Quite a stat line for Homesley in 32 minutes off the bench

19 points on 6-9 from the floor, 2-2 from 3 and 5-9 FT
7 rebounds
5 assists with only 1 turnover
2 steals
1 block

Call me a :koolaid drinker, but I actually think he is capable of approaching those numbers on a regular basis He is a special player, and is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential
I refuse to take anyone on the court seriously who wears a man bun or that hideous head band
Now get off my yard
I don't get it with those 2 They have the best hair on the team and they go and do that :vomit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I refuse to take anyone on the court seriously who wears a man bun or that hideous head band
Now get off my yard
Ryan is listening, Purple: NO headband last night. :nonono :nono
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I refuse to take anyone on the court seriously who wears a man bun or that hideous head band
Now get off my yard
Ryan is listening, Purple: NO headband last night. :nonono :nono
The man-bun he had last night was worse, and it's not close IMHO
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good comeback win.

Hard to believe the low attendance. Barely over 1,000.
Pay attention coach Thanksgiving break Students are almost all at home It was also a Monday night and a 6:00 start time IMHO if they actually had over 1000 there as reported, that was a decent turnout
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It seems like every year people are shocked with the poor attendance during thanksgiving break and then again during the semester break in december/January
By FlameFan11
olldflame wrote:We REALLY played small tonight Only 27 minutes from all our bigs combined
Interesting comments from RMK in post-game interview.

One, he felt we had to go small to match up with them. Interesting philosophy as some coaches would say make them match to us.

Two, he mentioned looking for another guard in the rotation when talking about Barmore. Surprising given how many guards are already playing, taking up minutes.

Third, he mentioned he will be tightening up the rotation. Part of the reason for playing so many guys is trying to figure out best combinations.

Homesley last night was a great example of giving our most talented guys minutes so they can produce. Caleb looked great but he was actually on the court for extended minutes. Gardner nails two 3s to start the game and only plays 4 min that half and only 5 in the 2nd half. Game winning basket is an offensive rebound by Caleb. Keep our athletic length on the court and good things will happen.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UMass-Lowell is playing Miss. Valley State today in the Vines, and there is NO admission charge. Anybody going for free? Play Basketball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have always joked that If colleges would cut down on "breaks" students could get degrees within 3 years. I recall one break at LU last year that seemed to last 6 weeks.

ballcoach15 will make his season debut at Vines Center for tomorrow's game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: I recall one break at LU last year that seemed to last 6 weeks.
Ballcoach, that's what we in academics call "summer vacation." 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: I recall one break at LU last year that seemed to last 6 weeks.
Ballcoach, that's what we in academics call "summer vacation." 8)
Maybe someone should tell him a great number of athletes complete both their Undergraduate and Graduate degrees while on scholarship. (At Marshall it's usually just GED and Undergrad)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Feel sorry that there is no home court advantage for this team. Jerry Jokers/Students are all jokes. Cant even come out for a game. Its like watching an exhibition game.
As has been said already, it's thanksgiving break this week so the students who don't live locally have gone home to be with their families. Why don't you do a little contextual analysis before you go trying to rain on the fans (especially the students) or the program
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, I promise Spring Break is NOT 6 weeks.

Also, don't forget the McCracken Factor: he was at the game Monday night doing all he could to distract the UMass Lowell players.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have always joked that If colleges would cut down on "breaks" students could get degrees within 3 years. I recall one break at LU last year that seemed to last 6 weeks.

FYI, a lot of our student athletes in recent years have in fact been completing their undergraduate studies in 3 years and spend their Senior year (athletically) in grad school WBB player Ashley Riniger, who redshirted as a Freshman and spent 5 years at Liberty, left with a Bachelors and 2 Masters degrees I believe Lucas Holder of our football team is on track to do the same This is made possible by the fact that they all now routinely spend all their summers in Lynchburg working out and taking classes, all paid for by scholarship
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have always joked that If colleges would cut down on "breaks" students could get degrees within 3 years. I recall one break at LU last year that seemed to last 6 weeks.

FYI, a lot of our student athletes in recent years have in fact been completing their undergraduate studies in 3 years and spend their Senior year (athletically) in grad school WBB player Ashley Riniger, who redshirted as a Freshman and spent 5 years at Liberty, left with a Bachelors and 2 Masters degrees I believe Lucas Holder of our football team is on track to do the same This is made possible by the fact that they all now routinely spend all their summers in Lynchburg working out and taking classes, all paid for by scholarship
That's because a lot of "student athletes" come in with a ton of college credits from AP courses taken in HS. Some have at least 1 semester or more of college credits when they arrive on campus.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Feel sorry that there is no home court advantage for this team. Jerry Jokers/Students are all jokes. Cant even come out for a game. Its like watching an exhibition game.
As has been said already, it's thanksgiving break this week so the students who don't live locally have gone home to be with their families. Why don't you do a little contextual analysis before you go trying to rain on the fans (especially the students) or the program
And you might want to try and read a thread. He made a mistake. Admitted it. No need to be a jerk. Oh wait that's you're deal and then you wonder why we continuously give you a hard time.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]