If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
You aren't a Liberty fan. You're a Barber hater and opportunist. No one denies he made mistakes hiring. That's why he doesn't have a job currently. To celebrate that, both on here and on Facebook, as if Jeff losing his job was an answer to prayers is deplorable. It's one thing to call for a change in leadership. It's a whole different thing to celebrate someone losing their job.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlameFan11 wrote:Have to get Gardner more time. Why not? Defensively looked fine and didn't even get a touch on offense.

Also very surprised to see us burn potential redshirt for Barmore.
I have no problem with Barmore not redshirting, even if he doesn't end up playing much this year As long as the kid understands that even a few minutes can cost a year of eligibility, he still wants to play, and the coach hasn't already decided he was a recruiting mistake and won't have his schollie renewed, it doesn't serve any great purpose except with the occasional big guy who needs time to grow into his body The way things are now with players attending summer school every year, 4 years is plenty of time academically

My best guess is they held off a couple of games to be sure and Barmore has shown enough progress in recent practices to make Ritchie confident he can help the team this year
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Also bear in mind that a redshirt isn't a one shot deal that goes away after your freshman year. By having that year still available, if something should happen (like God forbid a season ending injury in the preseason), he still has that year to heal and still get his four years in
By Letsgoflames
Jonathan Carone wrote:You aren't a Liberty fan. You're a Barber hater and opportunist. No one denies he made mistakes hiring. That's why he doesn't have a job currently. To celebrate that, both on here and on Facebook, as if Jeff losing his job was an answer to prayers is deplorable. It's one thing to call for a change in leadership. It's a whole different thing to celebrate someone losing their job.
You are wrong on all accounts. Nobody is celebrating. Stop acting like any of us who disagree with your support of the athletic departments direction are connected to a former coach. Our programs were not close to the funds allocated. Believe me JLFjr is receiving tremendous praise from numerous Liberty stakeholders for the change. It would be prudent to not try and discredit any voice of financial reason. BTW I look at the FB page as well and did not see any RD celebration. Praying that JLFJr finds the leader to move LU competitively forward. Enjoy your Sunday.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Also bear in mind that a redshirt isn't a one shot deal that goes away after your freshman year. By having that year still available, if something should happen (like God forbid a season ending injury in the preseason), he still has that year to heal and still get his four years in
This is another very good reason why "developmental" redshirts should (and for the most part, do) play a limited role in 21st century college basketball Once that year has been used, you don't get another one in the event of injury (or transfer) so your 4 year playing career is now 3
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Letsgoflames wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:You aren't a Liberty fan. You're a Barber hater and opportunist. No one denies he made mistakes hiring. That's why he doesn't have a job currently. To celebrate that, both on here and on Facebook, as if Jeff losing his job was an answer to prayers is deplorable. It's one thing to call for a change in leadership. It's a whole different thing to celebrate someone losing their job.
You are wrong on all accounts. Nobody is celebrating. Stop acting like any of us who disagree with your support of the athletic departments direction are connected to a former coach. Our programs were not close to the funds allocated. Believe me JLFjr is receiving tremendous praise from numerous Liberty stakeholders for the change. It would be prudent to not try and discredit any voice of financial reason. BTW I look at the FB page as well and did not see any RD celebration. Praying that JLFJr finds the leader to move LU competitively forward. Enjoy your Sunday.
Jeff Meyer
JR also received a lot of criticism for decisions from Stakeholders as well. They usually 'disappear '
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Who here has disagreed on Liberty and JB parting ways? Most were just shocked by the timing.

RD loyalists always tell a story that just isn't accurate. Also RD's daughter was the one who commented on her father's Facebook and said it was an answer to prayer. That's disgusting.

It was JB's time to move on but Jerry Jr is who I blame for Liberty not getting an FBS invite. Most sane people see it that way too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Who here has disagreed on Liberty and JB parting ways? Most were just shocked by the timing.

RD loyalists always tell a story that just isn't accurate. Also RD's daughter was the one who commented on her father's Facebook and said it was an answer to prayer. That's disgusting.

It was JB's time to move on but Jerry Jr is who I blame for Liberty not getting an FBS invite. Most sane people see it that way too.
I blame JB and JR. Sure Presidents vote on Conference alignment etc but AD's do a lot of the leg work.
On a side note I think the current state of the Athletic Department still validates the :flamingdevil position on being #FBSReady on the field
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
JB could've done all of the work in the world but with JR spouting off on tv any chance year got it wouldn't of mattered.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:JB could've done all of the work in the world but with JR spouting off on tv any chance year got it wouldn't of mattered.
It's why I blame them both
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So IPFW knocked off Indiana tonight in overtime...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:So IPFW knocked off Indiana tonight in overtime...

Go Mastadons!! (Literally my hometown team.).
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]