If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Baxter-Bell had 3 assists in 14 minutes As good as he was at some things, Maxwell had only 17 assists in almost 700 minutes last year, and 68 TOs As soon as opponents started double teaming him his production plummeted and he turned the ball over a lot, while almost never making an opponent pay for the double team Baxter-Bell may not be as big a post scoring threat, but he is an upgrade as a passer and defender
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Barmore DNPCD That is a dead giveaway they are at least giving serious consideration to redshirting him No other reason not to give him at least a few minutes in a blowout win Having Chen come in as a grad transfer for just this year and look like he can be a real contributor makes redshirting a FR guard a lot easier move to make
Last edited by olldflame on November 12th, 2016, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Attendance 5449 Very nice for a D3 opponent One would think there will be more for VCU, but it's a Tuesday night On the other hand, there are a good number of VCU alumni in the area who may show up to see the Rams My guess is we will top 6000
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Attendance 5449 Very nice for a D3 opponent
CFAW Friday. :clapping
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Barmore DNPCD That is a dead giveaway they are at least giving serious consideration to redshirting him No other reason not to give him at least a few minutes in a blowout win Having Chen come in as a grad transfer for just this year and look like he can be a real contributor makes redshirting a FR guard a lot easier move to make
I also think Barmore may be redshirted this year.
By FlameFan11
We knew it was going to be crowded in the back court and I agree that it would be nice to save a year for Barmore if he is up for it. 1st half was shocked to see Cabbil only play 3 minutes. Very unexpected but Chen and Pacheco looked solid.

Oldflame, totally agree with you on Myo. I think he will flourish even more with a Talbert brother on the court as he can take the opposing 4 man down to the block. Heard on the post game recap some concern over rebounding and defense on #30. I attribute that directly to Coach McKay's lineup choices, especially in the first half. At one point, Homesley was the tallest guy on the court followed by Dawson, Cabbil, Chen & Pacheco. Gave up multiple offensive boards with that lineup. Cannot see that lineup moving forward against D1 competition. Also, #30 consistently had a shorter defender on him allowing him to shoot over them. Would have love to see Gardner/Talbert matched up on him.

I haven't seen a +/- for the game but Dawson and Gardner had to be at the top. I think Josiah earned some more time as well but he may not have even been in the game when he was if Kemrite hadn't gone out banged up. Tougher competition will show a lot, especially who Coach McKay trusts at this stage. Depth is a great problem to have but playing 11-12 guys consistently is tough.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
olldflame wrote:Attendance 5449 Very nice for a D3 opponent
CFAW Friday. :clapping
I watched some of the hockey game that was going on at the same time and that looked packed as well. I know cfaw increases numbers but 5449 is a solid number.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]