If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My neighbor is an assistant coach or works in some way with the basketball team, i have never actually talked to him...but since the walls in these apartments are so thin i overhear conversations about recruiting trips, coach dunton and other things I really don't want to hear, but that is a whole other story....a couple days ago he was on the phone very angry talking about some of the star players...he never said any names so I don't exactly know who he was talking about...but he was talking and yelling about some of the players that are suppose to be some of their better players showing up late and thinking they are gods...I heard him saying he has never in his life had to deal with such behavior and that if it was all up to him they would be off the team....I was wondering if any of the "insiders" out there know of any trouble coach is having with this team...because with all this talk about them being improved if things like this is going on I don't see this happening.....just curious
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
oh boy. just what we needed.

fuel to the proverbial fire, here. :roll:

BTW- its "chemistry" :P
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
IF there are any troubles, fear not, they will be swept under the rug. It always has been always will be. Remeber it USED to be Liberty Valley!!
But locker room drama ALWAYS happens. If it shows out on the court then it is a problem
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:IF there are any troubles, fear not, they will be swept under the rug. It always has been always will be. Remeber it USED to be Liberty Valley!!
But locker room drama ALWAYS happens. If it shows out on the court then it is a problem
We need to change your name to Purple HATER!

If there are problems or issues, Coach D will deal with them in his own way, the way he always has dealt with issues that affect his program, in a positive Christian manner. This shall be a very special year for Liberty hoops.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
OH that rug has a lot of things from other areas swept under it. IT is a long standing Liberty tradition located in very fine print in the back pages of the ORIGINAL Liberty Baptist College Way of 1611 and now translated into The Liberty Way.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Practice...we talking about practice. I mean this is practice...not a game...we talking about practice.

sorry, I couldn't resist.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
haha....yeah practice....no need to talk about that....
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
for any coaches that read this don't take this too seriously...I mean the guy was probably just upset about a bad day or something, we all have those bad days...I wasn't trying to get anybody in trouble, I was just curious thats all. I will keep my curiosity to myself I guess next time.....
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
uh oh. Someone got their hand slapped. What happens on FlameFans stays at FlameFans. No need to appologize--heck we are all about lively discussion.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
Wow, I just saw this thread. I could see where it may lead to coach reading this and starting to ask a few questions of another. But then again, what is a message board without a little inside info that may not necessarily be the "company line." Does that make it right to air this conversation? I don't know, maybe that is another topic all together.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
How many coaches live in an apartment? I'm surprised even 1 does. Way to get him in trouble.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
nickrichard wrote:Wow, I just saw this thread. I could see where it may lead to coach reading this and starting to ask a few questions of another. But then again, what is a message board without a little inside info that may not necessarily be the "company line." Does that make it right to air this conversation? I don't know, maybe that is another topic all together.
IF, and that is a big "if" those things are an issue, I bet Coach D will be happy to know about it and will deal with it, like I said, in a Christian manner and in a way that it won't mess with the integrity of what he stands for.

(more Kool Aid, please. Thanks).
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]