If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I love how McKay is confident we will see improvements but he is really trying to not make us sound better than we are. It is a small thing but it really will help fans remain excited but at the same time realize we aren't changing this thing overnight.

I am excited to see that improvement this coming season.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:I love how McKay is confident we will see improvements but he is really trying to not make us sound better than we are. It is a small thing but it really will help fans remain excited but at the same time realize we aren't changing this thing overnight.

I am excited to see that improvement this coming season.
Jackson did the same thing about baseball in an article with D1 Baseball. I love honest, excited hype. There's a difference in hopeful future and over the top hype. Ritchie and Jackson have hit it on the head this week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah, it is a really refreshing change in culture that is for sure.
Maybe he forgort where he works
By FlameFan11
Thx A Sea of Red! Love to get hoops coverage started! Hasn't been this much preseason excitement in a while. It is nice to hear McKay with realistic expectations but we know how competitive he is and it ramps up knowing that conference title/NCAA bid is in reach. I expect a lot of inconsistent play early as the freshmen get experience and rotations get set. We saw drastic improvement as the year progressed so I expect the same this year which will make us a tough out come tourney time.

Any feedback on how practices are looking or what scrimmages we have scheduled for this month?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Not to overlook this year, but I cannot wait for 2017. Look at the talent and depth we have across the board and look at the class we have coming in for 2017. This team is built for success and it is amazing to see what RM has done to this point. This is the most excited I have been for LU basketball since 2008.
By FlameFan11
Agreed. Year 2 in a major rebuild is typically too early to expect much so it really is a bonus if we can be a top team in our conference, which I think we will.

Losing Dawson will hurt next season but the addition of Scottie James with Cuffee and Newton will be nice to go with our 8-9 guys from this year getting time. Definitely high expectations coming from this team if we can keep everyone and stay healthy.
By FlameFan11
2017-18 Roster something like this. Very nice.

Cabbil, Barmore, Pacheco-Ortiz
Homesley, Cuffee, Kemrite
Gardner, Reid, Barber
Baxter-Bell, ETalbert
James, JTalbert, Newton
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Did I hear that were still pursuing another year for Dawson? Do we stand any chance
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That was my understanding as well. Not sure what the chances are. But it seems like the NCAA has become somewhat lenient in recent years.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:anyone know how they did/look in the scrimmage against Hampton?
Or Navy for that matter I haven't heard anything
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]