If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Going head to head with Avery for this one IN ALABAMA

Just saw that Chuck Person is recruiting him for Auburn, and they may actually have the edge right now Still early
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Time for a 2018 Prospect thread! Coach is doing a great job!
UA and AU are not great basketball schools at the moment. A great mid major environment would be more attractive than either. Not discounting Avery. He is awesome! The fan support and interest in basketball here is fair weather at best and the GameDay atmosphere is terrible.

If this kid keeps an open mind and Coach McKay can show good progress this year and keep all the 2017 recruits LU could look pretty attractive with better facilities and training staff than UA.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ritchie is VERY stingy with his offers This is only our second one for 2018

We made 5 offers for 2017 We have commits from 4 of them, and are still in the mix for PG Jarrod West
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Back in the day when I covered the Spurs, AJ & the Rifleman were teammates in the backcourt. Now they are going head-to-head recruiting this kid. Kind of cool that we are being mentioned in the mix with them.
By FlameFan11
Trey picked up an offer today from Stanford.

Stanford new HC is former UAB HC Jarod Haase who was recruiting him while he was there. Hard to turn down a school with academics like that for just about anyone.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlameFan11 wrote:Trey picked up an offer today from Stanford.

Stanford new HC is former UAB HC Jarod Haase who was recruiting him while he was there. Hard to turn down a school with academics like that for just about anyone.
Tough competition for sure, but Palo Alto is a Loooooong way from Alabama Trey must be a pretty good student to even be considered, but he may or may not want to face the academic challenges Stanford will present Like Liberty in it's own way, it's not for everyone

So far, the only schools who have offered Trey and are not either in AL or have an AL connection are Liberty and St Louis
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We've had Honors Program students on the men's basketball team before (i.e., Rob Attaway, who was a National Merit Finalist).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:We've had Honors Program students on the men's basketball team before (i.e., Rob Attaway, who was a National Merit Finalist).
Are you allowed to recruit Cider Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The smart athletes come to see me with their parents and coaches all the time.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]