If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 81&TeamID=
The Liberty Men’s Basketball team will play their Blue/White Scrimmage on Thursday, November 2 at 7 p.m. announced head coach Randy Dunton.

The scrimmage will be played at the Vines Center and admission is free. The Flames will be split up into two teams and will play two 20 minute halves gearing up for the up coming season.

The Flames start their exhibition season on November 4 against Barton College at the Vines Center. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. The Flames have their second and final exhibition game against Cedarville on November 11 with a 5 p.m. scheduled start at the Vines Center. The Flames open up the regular season at Oklahoma on November 16. Tip time is set for 8 p.m. EST.
Should be pretty interesting to see how good our guys are against each other.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i hope all of you guys will be there
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
The fun thing about this sort of venue is that TJ Bannister and Dwight Brewington can play in the game. I would think that they would both be on the same team too. It will probably be the 1st 8 on the dept chart at the time vs the second 6 plus the redshirts, transfers, walkons etc. Or it might be first 10 since they have so many practice players and 2 guys that can't play right away in Brew and TJ. I am sorry I won't be able to make it though.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
aww man scar... bannister is really something special to watch. his passes are just amazing
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Why is it the first team vs the second team? I like to see a competitive game, not a blowout. It'd be great to see Brew going up against Blair and things like that.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i don't think brew and blair will be on the same team
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Good to know. I just like the idea of splitting up our top 10 and putting them on different teams. It makes the scrimmage more fun to watch.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Will it be broadcast via video feed on the web.. That would have been hot!
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
im not sure if it's being broadcasted or not.

i hope to see you guys at the exibition on saturday. scar will you be there?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be on the web guys. And SJ I was thinking that since Brew and Bannister were NOT in the top 8 or 10 right now that it could be pretty challenging for the top team to play against that crew. Throw in Russell Monroe, Armon Jones and a couple of other guys and you could have a competitive game. The year Alston redshirted we played a Blue/White and he was on a"lesser" team with me and he was sensational. The first team couldn't handle him. Everyone had to wait a year to see him really shine but it was a nice preview. Maybe we will see the same thing from TJ.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
yes you will see the same from Teejay. im 100% sure that there will be a bunch of ooo's and aahh's after his passes
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Woodson was a little crazy with the ball, but man could he pass. Is Bannister a similar passer. I thought Woodson was outstanding when his game was on.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
no they are different. woodson would do the left hand, one handed pass... while teejay gets into the paint and dishes left and right hand, no look. he gets the whole defense in the air and just throws a steve nash type of pass. his game is kind of like nash's. they have that stop and go type of dribble. im not saying he could be a back to back MVP, but the game is similar
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'll be there. Men's Basketball is serious business.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
if your being serious that's good. i can't wait until we go to norman.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
this game should be fun to watch.

things to look out for:

#21 Alex Mclean- he has been beasting in the pre-season.(hit three 3 pointers in yesterdays scrimmage :shock: )
#24 Dwight Brewington- i don't think i need to say why
#22 Larry Blair- ....... beast :!:
#15 Teejay Bannister- he is really small but really fun to watch. just wait until you see the passes! your going to look like this :shock: ... lol
#5 Anthony Smith- with all of the attention to dwight or LB, he'll just hang out on the wing and knock down open 3's all day. and don't let him drive and use that big body.
#2 BJ Jenkins- check out how smart this young pg is.
#1 Justin Holland- for the guys who were hating on him before, wait until you see him lock someone down or pick their pockets. great on the ball defender
#33 Rell Porter- wait until you see what he has added to his game.
#11 Damien Hubburd- really good rebounder and can take any big man to the rack
By panfan01
Registration Days Posts
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the team that you are playing on the 4th?
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
they are the #2 ranked team for d-2
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Uh, oh. Barton college could win this game. Don't be suprised. I said it first.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Barton College (the Bulldogs) is in Wilson, NC, which is about 40 minutes from my home town of Roanoke Rapids, NC. It's a party school, it's about 3x smaller than Liberty and about 3 grand more expensive. They're known for their nursing program and for soccer... I wasn't aware they were pretty good at basketball though. They're in the CVAC (Carolina-Virginia Athletic Conference) along with Anderson, Lees-McRae, Queens, St. Andrews and others I haven't heard of. Their website (http://www.barton.edu/athletics) says they've won the Joby Hawn Cup the last three years, which I'm guessing is equivalent of the Big South Sasser Cup.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
we should get back to talking about the blue/white game. and shouldn't we be talking about why we will win the game, or what positives we have? any way, im trying to spread the word around campus. i hope alot of people show to this.
Last edited by LU'sbestmanager on October 29th, 2006, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If I knew what a "posiyives" was then I'd talk about them.

Love ya, manger.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Manger is just one of my many disciiples!!!!!!
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]