If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlameFan11
Any word on any games scheduled for next season? Usually by now it seems like we know a few of our non-conference matchups. Very interested to see how we schedule this year compared with last. Also with Coastal leaving the BSC, will that translate into two more non-conf games?

November 11th is opening day in the NCAA. Only 199 days until tip off.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Friday, November 11, 2016 @Duke
Monday, November 14, 2016 James Madison
Thursday, November 17, 2016 Wichita State
Sunday, November 20, 2016 @NC STATE
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 Virginia Tech
Monday, November 28, 2016 @Notre Dame
Sunday, December 04, 2016 Baylor
Thursday, December 08, 2016 @ Alabama
Monday, December 12, 2016 @ CSU
Thursday, December 15, 2016 Western Kentucky
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 @ Gardner Webb
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 @Texas Christian University
Monday, January 02, 2017 Longwood
Friday, January 06, 2017 @ Longwood
Monday, January 09, 2017 UNC Asheville
Saturday, January 14, 2017 Campbell
Monday, January 16, 2017 @ High Point
Thursday, January 19, 2017 @ Presbyterian
Monday, January 23, 2017 High Point
Friday, January 27, 2017 @ Radford
Monday, January 30, 2017 Winthrop
Thursday, February 02, 2017 Radford
Monday, February 06, 2017 @ UNC Asheville
Monday, February 13, 2017 @ Winthrop
Saturday, February 18, 2017 Gardner Webb
Monday, February 20, 2017 CSU
Saturday, February 25, 2017 @ Campbell
Monday, February 27, 2017 Presbyterian
Thursday, March 02, 2017 BSC Tournament
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Either you have some SERIOUS insider information proto or youre throwing all that spaghetti up against the cabinet and seeing what sticks
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
;) Was this not the thread for what I hoped the scheduled looked like? :)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If that was our schedule we'd be lucky to have more than 2 wins ahead conference play unless we had the game of our lives against a few of those
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:If that was our schedule we'd be lucky to have more than 2 wins ahead conference play unless we had the game of our lives against a few of those
But it would be fun and would make us a better program in the long run.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I would be certainly down with a Texas visit over the holidays.

Having us play fellow Baptists on a Sunday in the Vines was a nice touch, Proto. :mrgreen:
By FlameFan11
Non-conference schedules are starting to be released. I haven't seen Liberty mentioned in any games yet but Asheville has a few big non-conf games. UNCA will be at Kansas 11/25 and at Ohio State 12/22. A couple of big time games for their program.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Youll probably see games leaking out on Twitter over the coming weeks and months. Do you have a Twitter?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlameFan11 wrote:Non-conference schedules are starting to be released. I haven't seen Liberty mentioned in any games yet but Asheville has a few big non-conf games. UNCA will be at Kansas 11/25 and at Ohio State 12/22. A couple of big time games for their program.
They always have done that going back to when Eddie B was their coach. Some years as many as 5 or 6 guarantee games. The money from taking a beating in those basketball games finances their whole athletic department.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Friday, November 11, 2016 @Duke
Monday, November 14, 2016 James Madison
Thursday, November 17, 2016 Wichita State
Sunday, November 20, 2016 @NC STATE
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 Virginia Tech
Monday, November 28, 2016 @Notre Dame
Sunday, December 04, 2016 Baylor
Thursday, December 08, 2016 @ Alabama
Monday, December 12, 2016 @ CSU
Thursday, December 15, 2016 Western Kentucky
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 @ Gardner Webb
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 @Texas Christian University
Monday, January 02, 2017 Longwood
Friday, January 06, 2017 @ Longwood
Monday, January 09, 2017 UNC Asheville
Saturday, January 14, 2017 Campbell
Monday, January 16, 2017 @ High Point
Thursday, January 19, 2017 @ Presbyterian
Monday, January 23, 2017 High Point
Friday, January 27, 2017 @ Radford
Monday, January 30, 2017 Winthrop
Thursday, February 02, 2017 Radford
Monday, February 06, 2017 @ UNC Asheville
Monday, February 13, 2017 @ Winthrop
Saturday, February 18, 2017 Gardner Webb
Monday, February 20, 2017 CSU
Saturday, February 25, 2017 @ Campbell
Monday, February 27, 2017 Presbyterian
Thursday, March 02, 2017 BSC Tournament
FWIW, we are at Kansas State on 12/21.....
http://www.kstatesports.com/news/k-stat ... 06-01-2016
By FlameFan11
Jon Rothstein from cbs announced that Liberty will be playing at Indiana on November 19th. Assembly Hall is pretty special for an early season non-conference game. Indiana did lose a couple quality players but Rothstein said likely a Top 10 team.

Still very curious about Coach McKay's non-conference schedule strategy. Love to see the tough games for a young team so hopefully this is a sign of things to come. W/L record really doesn't matter in a 1 team bid league. Just need to be ready for that conference season and tourney.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Assembly Hall is one of the iconic arenas in college basketball. There and Hinkel Fieldhouse (home of Butler) are probably in the top 5-10 for historic arenas in the country
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Assembly Hall is one of the iconic arenas in college basketball. There and Hinkel Fieldhouse (home of Butler) are probably in the top 5-10 for historic arenas in the country
Hinkle is more iconic for its HS history.
Although now I'm jonsing for a trip to Assembly Hall!!!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Assembly Hall is one of the iconic arenas in college basketball. There and Hinkel Fieldhouse (home of Butler) are probably in the top 5-10 for historic arenas in the country
I went there once when Meyer was coaching at IU and Kelvin Sampson was about to get fired. ESPN Game Day was there, Dick Vitale, Eric Gordon JR was playing and I hung out with SR and the family for a while. It was probably the best single event of College basketball I have ever attended! That is NOT Hyperbole. That atmosphere was absolutely electric!

I really hope I get to call the VCU game at LU next season! I wouldn't mind going up to Indiana for that game too but my travel schedule probably won't allow for it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I went there once when Meyer was coaching at IU and Kelvin Sampson was about to get fired. ESPN Game Day was there, Dick Vitale, Eric Gordon JR was playing and I hung out with SR and the family for a while. It was probably the best single event of College basketball I have ever attended! That is NOT Hyperbole. That atmosphere was absolutely electric!

I really hope I get to call the VCU game at LU next season! I wouldn't mind going up to Indiana for that game too but my travel schedule probably won't allow for it.
It's Indiana. It's Basketball. You sound surprised. I need to find an excuse to get up there
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
We did a back-to-back road trip up there back in 2011. Lost bad at Indiana, but nearly beat Butler at Hinkle two days later. Tradition galore. And yes, still missing Holtmann for sure, but really happy for him up at Butler.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Duke now has an opening since one of the New York schools canceled
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
VCU game falls in line for ESPN's marathon. odds espn picks up the game? VCU is a marquee name and vines will easily be sold out.

also hate seeing 3 non d1 games but its the norm other wise really nice schedule.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Who does the Central Penn AD have compromising pictures of?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Who does the Central Penn AD have compromising pictures of?
There is that one in Trump's office that we know about.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:VCU game falls in line for ESPN's marathon. odds espn picks up the game? VCU is a marquee name and vines will easily be sold out.

also hate seeing 3 non d1 games but its the norm other wise really nice schedule.
If ESPN picks up the game for the marathon expect a very non-traditional start time...I think the Clemson game in 09 started at 9 AM

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]