If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I get an early Christmas this year! Two games reasonably close to my house in three days? Yes, please.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
ballah09 wrote:VCU game falls in line for ESPN's marathon. odds espn picks up the game? VCU is a marquee name and vines will easily be sold out.

also hate seeing 3 non d1 games but its the norm other wise really nice schedule.
If ESPN picks up the game for the marathon expect a very non-traditional start time...I think the Clemson game in 09 started at 9 AM
11AM
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks pretty...I guess I thought it started earlier for some reason...anyway, the low to mid-majors that are in the marathon usually populate the non-traditional game times (6 AM for an East Coast tipoff...oy!) with the big time games naturally in prime time
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
this isn't going to be a NEC vs SWAC match up they can put on at 3am, knowing no one will give a dang besides basketball junkies.

VCU is going to be more than likely to be ranked coming in. I highly doubt it be a early morning game. VCU ranked+they travel well+students getting off from class. can easily break the attendance record at the vines (9500+)and ESPN loves that. Then add the fact that Liberty brings in some of their bigger ratings on ESPN 3. I would bet, if they did pick up the game, would be a 11 am/1pm game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I could see a tip between 11AM and 3 PM if VCU comes in ranked in the top half. I don't think it would have enough Q-rating to be a lead in for the prime time games (5 PM tip) though...although ESPN can be some real head scratchers with programming choices at times
By FlameFan11
OFFICIAL 2016-2017 SCHEDULE Thoughts? Early Predictions?

Date Opponent
Nov 11, 2016 Cairn 8:30pm
Nov 15, 2016 VCU 8pm
Nov 19, 2016 at Indiana
Nov 21, 2016 UMass Lowell 6pm
Nov 23, 2016 Mississippi Valley State 2pm
Nov 26, 2016 at William & Mary
Nov 29, 2016 Central Penn
Dec 3, 2016 at UNCG
Dec 6, 2016 Furman
Dec 10, 2016 Princeton 2pm
Dec 16, 2016 Clarks Summit
Dec 19, 2016 at Lamar 8pm
Dec 21, 2016 at Houston
Dec 29, 2016 at Presbyterian*
Dec 31, 2016 at Charleston Southern*
Jan 3, 2017 UNC Asheville*
Jan 7, 2017 Campbell*
Jan 11, 2017 at High Point*
Jan 14, 2017 at Radford*
Jan 19, 2017 Gardner-Webb*
Jan 21, 2017 Winthrop*
Jan 26, 2017 at Longwood*
Jan 28, 2017 at Campbell*
Jan 31, 2017 Presbyterian*
Feb 4, 2017 Radford*
Feb 9, 2017 at Gardner-Webb*
Feb 11, 2017 Charleston Southern*
Feb 14, 2017 High Point*
Feb 18, 2017 at Winthrop*
Feb 23, 2017 Longwood*
Feb 25, 2017 at UNC Asheville*

8 of the first 11 games are at home. A couple tough match-ups in those home games but a nice chance to get off to a strong start.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I cannot believe the BSC tournament will be played at "highest seed". This is bush league high school stuff, not NCAA D1 basketball. Find a good venue and put the tournament there.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach, they could have the tournament at the Greensboro Coliseum and Im sure you'd find a reason to complain...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot believe the BSC tournament will be played at "highest seed". This is bush league high school stuff, not NCAA D1 basketball. Find a good venue and put the tournament there.

Yeah, right, and if they pick a venue, and it isn'i Liberty, you would complain about that I suspect this will be a one year deal The BSC had a really good thing going with Myrtle Beach, and had the rug pulled from under them by the beach chickens They didn't want to go this route last year because it could have resulted in games being played in Conway, so they used Campbell as a stop gap I think they will be looking at options over the next several months and find a new home starting in 2018
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot believe the BSC tournament will be played at "highest seed". This is bush league high school stuff, not NCAA D1 basketball. Find a good venue and put the tournament there.

Yeah, right, and if they pick a venue, and it isn'i Liberty, you would complain about that I suspect this will be a one year deal The BSC had a really good thing going with Myrtle Beach, and had the rug pulled from under them by the beach chickens They didn't want to go this route last year because it could have resulted in games being played in Conway, so they used Campbell as a stop gap I think they will be looking at options over the next several months and find a new home starting in 2018
If memory serves he didn't like it at MB either
By FlameFan11
Sounds like the 1st official team practice of the season is today. 42 days away from Game #1 on November 11th.

Keep us posted if anyone drops into practice or hears any updates on how the team is looking.

I'm guessing we will have a scrimmage or two planned as well. Hopefully we will get some more details as those get closer.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]