If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I really don't think so Cider. I have a feeling that although we invited Rose to visit, we were only going to actually offer him if he blew us away to the point we needed to totally reevaluate our recruiting plans for 2017. Didn't happen, which is no huge surprise.

I am also pretty much convinced that the move with James is based on our staff being confident of the proposed rule change going through which will enable him to have his tuition paíd as the child of a faculty member and not count against our scholarship límit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I'm thinking it had to do more with potential playing time
If he in fact had a firm offer from us on the table and chose Lipscomb, that is probably correct. I'm speculating that with the recruits we want to sign in the class of 17, why would we use a precious scholarship for a transfer who has to sit a year and then would struggle to get minutes?
By FlameFan11
I don't think we lost out to Lipscomb. Playing time is always the #1 reason for transferring. Rose probably saw other wings like Gardner, Cuffee, and now McDowell coming in which left playing time in question for his position at Liberty compared to Lips. Looking at current roster and signees, there seems to be more opportunity there. Best of luck to him!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Being on record as opposing any addition that would add to the 2017 scholarship log jam, bringing in someone like Rose never made sense to me anyway, so regardless of the reason, I am more than fine with him going to Lipscomb.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]