If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know where I can see a copy of our all-time leader list (points, rebounds, assists, etc.)? I knew they used to have it on libertyflames.com, but since they redid the board it's not on there anymore.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
media guide. i wish it was still online!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I guess I'll have to wait 'til it comes out this year, unless someone's got one somewhere that can post it here.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Got one in front of me. What do you want to know? I don't have a scanner but I do have a good memory :wink: and I can read and type. No really they will be probably putting the new media guide online when it comes like they have done the other sports.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Most Points Scored in Warm - Ups (Career) - SCAR
Fewest Minutes Played (Career) - SCAR
:D
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
How you gonna call me out like that Haize :wink: I did spend my share of time on Meyer's bench my freshman year though. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR As the All Time Leading Warm Up Point Leader at my Alma Mater, I can spot a kindred spirit!!!! (Although we DID I have JV team and I DID have over 1k pts. Sort of like the career minor league home run record)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Scar. I'll just wait and see when they put the media guide online.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Well, I found everything I needed except for the top 10 Big South scoring leaders. Does anyone have this, or know where I can get it. I know LB is 10th, and I was just wondering who else was in there.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
All the big south records are in their conference Media guide. Doug Day from Radford and Tony Dunkin from Coastal (both during my time are the all time leading scorers. Aluma is up pretty high too I think. It also has women's info in it too and as you can imagine it is laced with LU records on the women's side. I don't have that book with me but when I go to Lynchburg this weekend I will try to remember it. I need to brush up on some stuff anyway. If Alston had played in the Big South he would have been second to Dunkin. Dunkin scored 2151 but Alston had 2115. Alston's again was in only 3 seasons. Dunkin has the distinction of being the only player in division 1 history in any conference to be a 4 time POY. He was really, really good.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Scar for the info. I would love to get the list, so I can keep track of how LB is doing throughout the year. I created a pretty neat spreadsheet which has his hunt for 2,000, the LU all time scoring lead, and the Big South lead. I ran it based on us playing the 28 game schedule that we have plus just one game in the confrence tourney. So, he could have more games, but this many at least. With that many games, LB needs to average 14.49 ppg to reach 2,000, 19.73 to become the big south leader, and 23.9 to take over as the LU all time leader.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
You need to qualify the LU all time leader. That actually is Karl Hess and Larry is not gonna catch him. Hess has over 2500 points in 4 seasons pre-division 1. I of course will be tracking all of these milestones as Larry approaches them as well on FTN. I just happen to know this stuff off the top of my head but the big south does a good job in the weekly updates to the media letting us know about this sort of thing.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
You are right WEF. It won't have the results from last year but it still should have the historical data Jon needs.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
thanks guys
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I love numbers and stats. One that stands out is Brandon Newby getting exactly 1000 points. That is crazy considering he missed 7 of his last 9 games but came back in a heroic performance vs Liberty in the Semi's in 2004 before re-injuring his knee on a Brian Woodson cross over that left him sitting on the floor near mid court. Woodson passed in the corner to Blair who hit a 3 and that was the end of Coastal. It was a 3 point game late until that play thanks to Newby's 30 plus points on 14 or 16 shooting! It may have been 14 of 15 but I don't want to check the record book right now. He was extraordinary that night and his last bucket got him to big south immortality.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:You need to qualify the LU all time leader. That actually is Karl Hess and Larry is not gonna catch him. Hess has over 2500 points in 4 seasons pre-division 1. I of course will be tracking all of these milestones as Larry approaches them as well on FTN. I just happen to know this stuff off the top of my head but the big south does a good job in the weekly updates to the media letting us know about this sort of thing.
Wow, you did a decent job of burying it in your post there, but is that positive thing said about the Big South on this board? I thought you could banned for that. :wink:
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:
SCAR wrote:You need to qualify the LU all time leader. That actually is Karl Hess and Larry is not gonna catch him. Hess has over 2500 points in 4 seasons pre-division 1. I of course will be tracking all of these milestones as Larry approaches them as well on FTN. I just happen to know this stuff off the top of my head but the big south does a good job in the weekly updates to the media letting us know about this sort of thing.
Wow, you did a decent job of burying it in your post there, but is that positive thing said about the Big South on this board? I thought you could banned for that. :wink:
Note that SCAR types "big south" is all in little letters. There ain't nothing BIG about the big south. By the way--I see the Eagles got two votes in the pre-season coaches poll.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes AG you remember that I don't type big south in capital letters anymore. But I did have to give them credit on getting info to us. Also I have called down there when I see mistakes in the book and they correct them right away. Mark Simpson is pretty good with that stuff...Am I banned? That is two posts about good things in the conference office. Technically its one since both posts are about the same thing :P
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
The media reports is probably the strength of the conference. I attribute that to the SID staff at the conference schools. They put the pressure on the bsc, so they respond.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Scar that is with Karl Hess as the leader. The record I saw was for 2273. That makes it reasonable that LB could catch him. I don't think he will, but it could be very close. I don't think LB will average as much as last year since he will have more help.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
who had 2273 JC? That number doesn't ring a bell for some reason. I thought Hess was near 2500 but maybe it was he who had 2273.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Karl did. I checked in one of my posts I made on here back at the end of the season in a thread about LB's chances to catch him. When I looked it up yesterday, that's what I had him down as. I copied those numbers from our online media guide from last year.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I checked on bigsouthsports.com, and they only had listed 1-5. Anyone happen to know 6-11?
2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]