If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I Hope there is a chance of his return. Needs to come back home and give Liberty a true post player that they desperately needs.
Someone who is up to speed on the rules can verify or correct this, but I think almost anywhere he transfers now, Evan will need to sit a full year and could not play til after the end of the first semester I believe transferring back to Liberty would be the exception
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Losing that redshirt year is tough. His only option now is to drop down a level or lose a year of eligibility. Should have never left Liberty.
Must have the same group of advisors as the Bonds kid
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of Braxton Bonds, he's now at Houston Baptist where he's averaing 7.8 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Losing that redshirt year is tough. His only option now is to drop down a level or lose a year of eligibility. Should have never left Liberty.
He didn't have a choice from what I understand.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:He should have stayed at LU.

NCAA needs to crack down on transfers.
Pay attention please :roll: Maxwell did not have the option of staying at Liberty He was dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons

This is probably at least the 10th time you have repeated the mantra that the NCAA needs to "crack down" on transfers The fact is, the current penalty of requiring players to sit a year (in most cases) is actually pretty severe, and anything more would almost certainly be shot down by the courts Just because they are 18-22 years old and get a scholarship to compete in a sport does not mean these people do not have constitutional rights
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:

Pay attention please :roll: Maxwell did not have the option of staying at Liberty He was dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons

This is probably at least the 10th time you have repeated the mantra that the NCAA needs to "crack down" on transfers The fact is, the current penalty of requiring players to sit a year (in most cases) is actually pretty severe, and anything more would almost certainly be shot down by the courts Just because they are 18-22 years old and get a scholarship to compete in a sport does not mean these people do not have constitutional rights
Is it still just hoops and FB they have to sit out?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:

Is it still just hoops and FB they have to sit out?
I know that baseball has the same rule.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Also women's basketball I believe it's just those 4
I put WBB under 'hoops' Play Basketball :mrgreen:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]