If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That is about my expectations as well.
I have no problem with WU being picked ahead of us, but we did split with them last year, and the game in the Vines wasn't really even as close as the final margin of 11 We may miss Maxwell against the Eagles He played well against them, scoring 14ppg, with 20 in the win at home, but I also think we now have better options defensively against Cooks, who was a thorn in our side both games last year Both Gardner and Baxter-Bell should be better match-ups than the guys who have been guarding him
By FlameFan11
I agree with MMmadness. Winthrop should be the preseason favorite. I also agree with you oldflame in that we will have some better options for Cooks. Gardner, JTalbert, Homesley (with his added height), Baxter-Bell all can take a shot at him. Graduating Gavin is a key piece to fill but Keon Johnson, Okeke, Cooks is solid and getting Roderick Perkins back will be a boost.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I understand why they weren't picked to repeat, but in my mind the team we really have something to prove against is Asheville They positively OWNED us last year, and while they lost 2 of their best to transfer, the system is there, and even with somewhat less talented or athletic pieces, we still need to make some major adjustments to deal with what they do on defense
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
I agree with WU at 1 and you guys at 2, after that, it is wide open. UNCA gutted with transfers, HPU has to learn how to win without John Brown, IMHO, my team's main issue is building quality depth before conference play, and you may actually see us play 4 guards at times with Nelson down inside at the 5, it wouldn't surprise me. RU and CSU have some decent pieces returning. LW and PC will definitely be bringing up the rear, the Blue Hose are predestined to do so anyway......

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]