If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian College
Clinton, South Carolina

PC Hoops Official Site

BlueHoseSports Mens Hoops Message Board

Gregg Nibert
27th Season as PC Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 8-18
    Big South ... 3-12
    Road .......... 1-11

Nov 13 - @ Furman ................................. 53 - 63 (L)
    Nov 16 - USC Upstate .............................. 74 - 73 (W)
    Nov 18 - Toccoa Falls ............................. 116 - 75 (W)
    Nov 21 - The Citadel ................................ 95 - 79 (W)
    Nov 24 - @ VMI ...................................... 61 - 76 (L)
    Nov 28 - Wofford .................................... 58 - 68 (L)
    Dec 02 - Gardner-Webb* .......................... 76 - 87 (L)
    Dec 05 - @ Winthrop* .............................. 70 - 74 (L)
    Dec 07 - Montreat ................................... 93 - 69 (W)
    Dec 15 - vs. Clemson in Greenville, SC ....... 41 - 69 (L)
    Dec 19 - Piedmont ................................... 69 - 65 (W)
    Dec 22 - @ Richmond ............................... 44 - 74 (L)
    Dec 27 - @ Marquette ............................... 66 - 84 (L)
    Jan 02 - @ Campbell* ............................... 70 - 63 (W)
    Jan 06 - Longwood* ................................. 78 - 65 (W)
    Jan 09 - @ High Point* ............................. 66 - 82 (L)
    Jan 14 - @ Coastal Carolina* ..................... 58 - 87 (L)
    Jan 16 - Radford* .................................... 69 - 68 (W)
    Jan 20 - Charleston Southern* ................... 72 - 73 (L)
    Jan 23 - @ UNC Asheville* ........................ 55 - 67 (L)
    Jan 30 - Liberty* ..................................... 61 - 65 (L)
    Feb 03 - Coastal Carolina* ......................... 66 - 69 (L)
    Feb 06 - @ Gardner-Webb* ........................ 66 - 69 (L)
    Feb 11 - @ Charleston Southern* ................ 63 - 77 (L)
    Feb 13 - Campbell* .................................. 61 - 91 (L)
    Feb 18 - UNC Asheville* ............................ 61 - 70 (L)
    Feb 20 - @ Liberty* .................................. 7:00 p.m.

Key Player

#3 DeSean Murray
    6' 5" 220 lbs Sophomore Forward
    Thru 26 Games: Averaging 19.5 Pts, 7.2 Rebs & 1.8 Assists + 54.9 FG%
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
WOW, pretty poor effort all the way around. They pretty much took Dawson out of the game, we rebounded horribly, too many missed free throws, outplayed on the defensive end, etc. The refs were horrible. Presby looked like they wanted the game more. No excuse for that.
By FlameFan11
thepostman wrote:I'm trying not to get too frustrated because honestly we have already surpassed my expectations but I always want more.
The feeling of all of Flame Nation summed up in one sentence.

Rough week. Guys looked tired tonight and their inexperience showed. Late season is always a challenge for new college players with bigger work load and longer season. Would love to see them get one more win and earn the bye. They deserve it. Either way, this season has been a solid foundation for a major turnaround.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The worst part of the game experience wasn't even the game. It was "Employee Appreciation Night" and the concessions were out of the $6 cheeseburger special BEFORE the men's game even started; and then we had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes for a free hat AFTER the game.

The only positive thing was seeing the 7-foot Newton kid at the game sitting in the padded seats with rest of his team in the their purple warm up jackets.
Last edited by Cider Jim on February 21st, 2016, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The worst part of the game experience wasn't even the game. It was "Employee Appreciation Night" and the concessions were out of the $6 cheeseburger special BEFORE the game even started; and then we had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes for a free hat AFTER the game.

The only positive thing was seeing the 7-foot Newton kid at the game sitting in the padded seats with rest of his team in the their purple warm up jackets.
I guess it shows you how appreciated you are. That's ridiculous. I'm not even joking. It's the little things
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I have never been a big concessions guy because everything is always overpriced IMHO and I am what they call tacaño here, but when we are flush with cash and spending huge bucks on the best of everything in other áreas, there is no excuse for the ongoing issues with something simple like this.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I second the motion of Murray "transferring up"! Seriously, he is a MUCH better player than others who have done it. If he sticks around, I do believe we will have players who will match up better with him in the future.

Murray should be POY, but I suspect Brown will get it.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The worst part of the game experience wasn't even the game. It was "Employee Appreciation Night" and the concessions were out of the $6 cheeseburger special BEFORE the men's game even started; and then we had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes for a free hat AFTER the game.
I missed most of the first half waiting in line for food. Get up there and I got the last two fries, they were out of nachos, corn dogs, and hard to tell what else. Terrible.

The hat giveaway at the end was probably the dumbest promos I had ever seen. Stupid idea to make folks wait around for a giveaway especially if they had been there for the first game as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:The worst part of the game experience wasn't even the game. It was "Employee Appreciation Night" and the concessions were out of the $6 cheeseburger special BEFORE the men's game even started; and then we had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes for a free hat AFTER the game.
I missed most of the first half waiting in line for food. Get up there and I got the last two fries, they were out of nachos, corn dogs, and hard to tell what else. Terrible.

The hat giveaway at the end was probably the dumbest promos I had ever seen. Stupid idea to make folks wait around for a giveaway especially if they had been there for the first game as well.
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:The worst part of the game experience wasn't even the game. It was "Employee Appreciation Night" and the concessions were out of the $6 cheeseburger special BEFORE the game even started; and then we had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes for a free hat AFTER the game.

I guess it shows you how appreciated you are. That's ridiculous. I'm not even joking. It's the little things
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
krh44 wrote:

Purple Haize wrote:

Should have had the other concession stand open if there going to expect this type of crowd.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
2 givens for liberty basketball. Concessions are a joke and every time we get momentum and get a big crowd we lose. :?
By PAFlame
IIRC there was a "Phil Robertson Night" a couple of years back, even more inappropriate was it being purposely scheduled around the bizarre comments he made.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:IIRC there was a "Phil Robertson Night" a couple of years back, even more inappropriate was it being purposely scheduled around the bizarre comments he made.
At least the Duck Commander folks would have brought enough chatskids to give away in a timely manner
I do suspect it had more to do with Barnes and Noble and Food services than LU Athletics
By panther1
Registration Days Posts
Concessions have always been a joke at the football games as well as basketball games. A good opportunity to make some good money has been treated as a red headed step child. Service is poor and planning is terrible. Families will not come back when they can not feed their little ones. A few well placed scholarships in the business department would spawn a gold mine revenue. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy receiving 20 dollars in change when I pay for a 5 dollar hamburger.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:How has the concessions stands not been upgraded after all these years???
I don't think it falls under direct control of the Athletic Department. There used to be 3 or 4 layers between the Athletic Department and the person from food services in charge of concessions. 'Back in the Day' it went back to school wide contracting and you could not carve out niches for athletic events. What they have now for FB is shockingly a step up. A lot of middle management involved. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Departments hands are tied
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Another thing, why would I pay 2.75 for a fountain soda when I can get a $1.50 soda out of the vending machine? duhhhhh
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Another thing, why would I pay 2.75 for a fountain soda when I can get a $1.50 soda out of the vending machine? duhhhhh
If it came in a souvenir cup. Or they could just turn off the vending machines.....
Again. Not sure the Ath Dept controls those things
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
tough game tonight...guys looked pretty tired. I will say when I was playing our team normally hit a physical wall during this time of year. Normally lose and inch or two off the vertical and just generally shruggish..tough time of year. Hopefully by tourney time they bounce back
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]