If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make it easy for everyone to see:

It almost seems preposterous that we are now in the position we find ourselves.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
It's crazy we're even having this discussion in mid-February, but after an 0-3 and 2-5 start, we are really behind the 8-ball when it comes to winning the regular season. We either have to win out, or go 4-1 in the final 5 games with the 1 loss to someone other than Asheville. If we lose at Asheville, it will be nearly impossible to win the regular season since we would have 6 conference losses and they would own the tiebreaker over us.

UNCA's remaining schedule:
@ Presby
@ Winthrop
vs Liberty
vs Coastal
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I think our main priority needs to be getting the first round bye. A championship would be icing after that and, I believe, would mean an automatic post-season game. Who predicted we'd be even considering such things a month ago?
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I know I was definitely down on us after a terrible start. anything in the top 5 would have been incredible improvement in my eyes and would have been happy with a .500 season overall. Now we sit within striking distance of a bye in the tourney and its pretty unbelievable. credit where credit is due. these players and this coaching staff didn't mail it in and now they have a chance to make a BSC tourney run. wow.
By Flamerz
thepostman wrote:I don't even think the most optimistic of fans thought this was possible a month ago. It's been fun.
There were a couple most who's posts got quickly shot down by doubters. Its fun tho.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Well, no help with Coastal or Winthrop, but today's squeaker moves the flames to 1 Game back (but still in 4th).
Yes and no. They did almost assure us of a top 5 finish by putting Radford and GWU two games back of us,in,the loss column. That means only 3 tourney games.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Wins in both of those games should lock up a first round bye (I almost shuddered typing that considering how stark the turnaround has been)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
My statement remains true. Actually we had the best results possible for us. As was just said Radford and gwebb have to beat us to have any shot of passing us. Look at coastal and Winthrop remaining games. Even hpu and unca. They all play each other atleast twice some of them all 3. I still think if we win at home lose on the road were sitting no worse than second
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:
thepostman wrote:I don't even think the most optimistic of fans thought this was possible a month ago. It's been fun.
There were a couple most who's posts got quickly shot down by doubters. Its fun tho.
There is no way you really thought this was even possible. I don't buy it for a second.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:
Hate to say it Flamerz (and if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time) but youve been the most bipolar of the bunch as this season has progressed
By Flamerz
BJWilliams wrote:
Flamerz wrote:
Hate to say it Flamerz (and if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time) but youve been the most bipolar of the bunch as this season has progressed

If I felt it was worth it id go back to the messages where I was probably the only person on this board who thought this team would win once #22 started playing. I was told we'd win 1 or 2 games and I was overhyping him and a full line up but we've won 7 straight so I guess Im right. I knew it would happen and its not a surprise to me at all. Jesse Sanders told me in the summer Dawson is the real deal and would change this team sorry if I believed him. Guess its good to be bipolar.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I more was saying that when we were losing you came off (maybe its how I perceived it) as being down on the team and "doom and gloom" and now that we are turning it around and Dawson is proving to be a major bull investment, youre thumping your chest about this team, the same team you had been frustrated with and calling doom upon earlier in the year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz, Dude. You never even came close to hinting we do this well. Also Dawson helped this team turn the corner but this has been a total team effort. Putting it all on Dawson is so incredibly disrespectful to the rest of the guys on this team that have been busting their butts to get better.

But yeah calling you bipolar would not be accurate.

I'll give you credit you thought we'd win more gsmes than most but there is no way you even thought in your wildest dreams that competing for the regular season conference championship would be possible.

If you try to claim that then I'm going to either call you insane or a liar.
By Flamerz
thepostman wrote:Flamerz, Dude. You never even came close to hinting we do this well. Also Dawson helped this team turn the corner but this has been a total team effort. Putting it all on Dawson is so incredibly disrespectful to the rest of the guys on this team that have been busting their butts to get better.

But yeah calling you bipolar would not be accurate.

I'll give you credit you thought we'd win more gsmes than most but there is no way you even thought in your wildest dreams that competing for the regular season conference championship would be possible.

If you try to claim that then I'm going to either call you insane or a liar.
No way. Im not crazy. Theres no way I envisioned we would be in this position. But I did think the team would be better.

Its not all #22 its a team effort every night they go out play defense and are buying into it. I hope it continues. This team is special and is trying to do something special.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good to know. I really thought for a second there you were claiming you envisioned this.

Ignore BJ and his craziness. I enjoy having you around even if I give you a hard time from time to time.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]