If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Radford has the easiest path, finishing with Campbell and Longwood, but the Camels have been playing better of late. If we beat G-W and lose to UNCA, we would win a tiebreak with G-W and lose it with Radford. Win both and we have a bye, which would be a fantástic feat for this group.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We now find ourselves in a positon where to get the 5 seed and a bye, we need Longwood to beat Radford at the Dedmon Center, and it's Senior night for about a half dozen of Radford's players. Oh, well......... GO LANCERS!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow! Longwood comes from 9 down at the half and beats Radford 92-81. Flames will have a bye and will play the 4th seed, which will likely be Coastal. Love it!
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
I am obviously not a fan of either teams, but watched the game with some curiosity as to the final seedings for the BSC Tourney next week.

The Coastal vs. UNCA game was actually a pretty great dog fight, high octane battle to watch this afternoon down to the end.

Coastal beat UNCA for the # 3 spot and won 81-79. Game was back and forth pretty much the entire second half.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
My preference was Coastal too. We beat UNCA and that's some great momentum paving into the next round. It will be a tough challenge for LU. We will have to see which team will show up to play. LU has shown us some flashes of greatness and optimism, and then not so much in early season, and obviously the recent final four game stretch (1-3). I think McKay will have the boys ready to play. Just hope it is enough to take down UNCA which can be really good and unbeatable for LU. Either way this season has turned out favorably better for us compared to some expectations around the league (The Pre-Season Conference Picks putting us # 11 out of 11 Teams).
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Thursday, March 3 - First Round (2:00pm, 4:30pm, 7:00pm)
No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed, TBD | Big South Network | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
No. 7 seed vs. No. 10 seed, TBD | Big South Network | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
No. 6 seed vs. No. 11 seed, TBD | Big South Network | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score

Friday, March 4 - Quarterfinals
No. 1 seed vs. No. 8/9 Winner, 12:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, 2:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
No. 2 seed vs. No. 7/10 Winner, 6:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
No. 3 seed vs. No. 6/11 Winner, 8:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score

Saturday, March 5 - Semifinals
TBD vs. TBD, 1:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score
TBD vs. TBD, 3:00pm | ESPN3 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score

Sunday, March 6 - Championship
TBD vs. TBD, 2:30pm | ESPN2 | Live Stats | Recap | Box Score

MORE INFORMATION
Big South Merchandise
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
So we (Liberty) # 5 play UNCA # 4 on Friday, March 4 (Quarterfinals) at 2:00 pm EST on ESPN3.

Is anybody going to the BSC Tourney at Campbell University's Gore Arena/John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center next week???
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]